nutter driver

Oil filter 'bowl' & standard vr speedlines

Hey guys and gals,

Got a slight issue on our vr, and thats that some moron (not me) has massively overtightened the oil filter at some point, and the 36mm nut on the bottom has rounded off when trying to undo it. Im certain i CAN get it off, but suspect it wond be in much of a state to go back on when im done, so im after a decent replacement if anyones got one? Theres one off a 2.8 on ebay at the mo (well, actually, theres 2, but one is a propper comedy price) anyone if theyre the same as the 2.9??

Also, after another set of standard speedlines to refurb and have for summer wheels if anyones got a tatty set they want to part with? Frustratingly, missed two sets on ebay last week after forgetting about them!! typical! Dont need tyres with them, and as long as theyre straight, not bothered about the state of them as ill be blasting and powdercoating them anyway......

Cheers,

Pete

I've got a spare cap for the oil filter housing but the drain plug in the middle is stuck and i've tried to get it out without any luck, the plastic is all in good order though, i'd post it to you for a couple of quid and it might be of use if you can get the plug out (i've cut a slit in the metal bit as i chewed up the thread)

They are the same as the golf 2.8 version.