nas

Leak

Hi guys been on this forum for sometime now, and this is my first post

I have a M reg 2.0 8v corrado but as of recently the passenger side footwell is damp i mean very wet/damp

I have checked the membrane on the door that is fine i haven't been through a carwash yet to find out where it could be coming from

Any ideas please

Nas

Welcome along.

Type "passenger footwell" into the searchbar above and you will find a few threads covering this which should help you out. If not, people here will be happy to help.

Get some pictures of the 8v up too when you get a chance.

Best of luck!

Are you losing coolant?

Funny you mention that i am topping up my coolant every couple of weeks

Welcome along.

Type "passenger footwell" into the searchbar above and you will find a few threads covering this which should help you out. If not, people here will be happy to help.

Get some pictures of the 8v up too when you get a chance.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice will check it out and will post a few pics up

Nas

If thats the case it could be your heater matrix, take the passenger side undertray out and have a feel around the heater box to see if its leaking from there

Does sound like it could be the dreaded heater matrix, but the scuttle foliage cover is certainly a possible culprit. As Jon says, check for coolant around the heater box by removing the tray under the glovebox and feeling around in there.

Thanks for the heads up guys will check the scuttle and remove the under tray passenger side to have a feel if it is wet under there

I did forget to mention this has only started to happen when we had the down pore a couple of weeks ago here in Brighton

Nas

^^agree. Still need to finish putting mine back together after doing the matrix, it's a rubbish job but fairly easy. Just time consuming I've found with the odd hrs here and there I've got available