Gibbo

My sherry pearl vr6

Finally got around to giving the bay a bit of a tidy the other week and took off the jetex filter as it sounded a little to boy racer ish and swaped back to yhe original airbox with a few holes drilled in for good measure. Lol

c5ad8ead879e128afdefec87c4e9d0c0.jpg

a583353a912f656a09c1530d6145a4d2.jpg

Sadly I'm selling this next April onwards. as I've decided to make the move to a Porsche 996/997

I'll post up my own detailed classified add in the New Year, but here's a little preview.

So after purchasing my Raddo VR6 from Gibbo back in Nov 2015 @ 120,193 miles, even though there was no sound of any rattle or anything . The paranoid freak in me could not relax until I new the chains/tensioner were sorted. So was booked into Stealth 7 months later @120,681 miles. Was also talked into getting the SP 263 cams and clutch at the same time.

I've spent close to £3,500k on it in my 3yrs of ownership.

Its now just over 122k Miles, not been driven hard at all, and not even decided what I let it go for. Some guidance here would be appreciated.

PS: Gibbo if your still on this forum and interested in buying it back let me know, she's still lookin tidy as when you owned it. ��

Gus.

Edited by GUS
Add Pic

[

Hi mate,

If you need any tips and what to look out for feel free to message me i know these cars like the back of my hands, had a couple of 996 , at a miniumum make sure you get the the cylinders boroscoped as it's not a rumour they are like choclate, I had a 10 k rebuild on a 996.2 2003 c2 with only 62k on the clock and full dealer service history and I really do look after my cars. Still love Porchse when they are working but I stick to a Merc pre 2000 V8 now for the reliability and there tiger tank build quality. If you can strech it go for the 997 Gen 2 , I actually am a bit odd though and prefer the look of a 996 compared to most. My biggest regret was not getting a 964 in white with blue leather back in 2004 only on for 12k but ended up buying some scaffolding instead:bonk:

QUOTE=GUS;1215505]Sadly I'm selling this next April onwards. as I've decided to make the move to a Porsche 996/997

I'll post up my own detailed classified add in the New Year, but here's a little preview.

So after purchasing my Raddo VR6 from Gibbo back in Nov 2015 @ 120,193 miles, even though there was no sound of any rattle or anything . The paranoid freak in me could not relax until I new the chains/tensioner were sorted. So was booked into Stealth 7 months later @120,681 miles. Was also talked into getting the SP 263 cams and clutch at the same time.

I've spent close to £3,500k on it in my 3yrs of ownership.

Its now just over 122k Miles, not been driven hard at all, and not even decided what I let it go for. Some guidance here would be appreciated.

PS: Gibbo if your still on this forum and interested in buying it back let me know, she's still lookin tidy as when you owned it. ��

Gus.

Edited by Keyo

So took Raddo out of 6 months storage last weekend to get it MOT'd, which went through with no advisories, and decided I cant bring myself to selling it (Just Yet!)

Still also undecided on which Porsche, but in the meantime picked up another straight 6 coupe I always liked the look of to add to the collection.