Hassan.

Anybody running Air ride Air suspension?

Hi Guys,

Is anybody running air ride or any air suspension set ups? I just want to see what they are like compared to mid range coilovers and running costs etc, thanks in advance!

Hassan

Hi guys. Thanks for the nudge Chris. I ran kw v3s and now I'm on air lift. Never really drive my car in anger but find the handling to be fine on air. Similar comfort for both.

Most set ups I have seen tend to eliminate the spare wheel, is there a way of having it set up but still able to keep the spare wheel as I use my car as a daily, well at least 3 times a week!

Most set ups I have seen tend to eliminate the spare wheel, is there a way of having it set up but still able to keep the spare wheel as I use my car as a daily, well at least 3 times a week!

TBH The place to locate the air tank is the boot. My son had this Dilema and had to run with a tin of the quick fix foam / gel thingy tyre stuff.

I presume it's C your running?

Can you not build a sort of shelf that's hinged at the back (rear seat side) with some flexi pipes to the boot floor, so you can lift it slightly giving you access to the spare?

TBH The place to locate the air tank is the boot. My son had this Dilema and had to run with a tin of the quick fix foam / gel thingy tyre stuff.

I presume it's C your running?

Yes I have a 2.0 16v, Im waiting for the right vr6 to come up but really want to get the air either way!

Can you not build a sort of shelf that's hinged at the back (rear seat side) with some flexi pipes to the boot floor, so you can lift it slightly giving you access to the spare?

Yes I guess you could fold the seat down and that would give you enough space to pull the spare out

Didn't Volksdevil on here install air ?

I'm sure he kept the spare wheel,and made a "hidden"compartment in the boot,he described it as driving on a soft cloud !

Have a look in the members gallery,it was a very detailed fit

Or use the search

i would like air on mine but its just so expensive still. i think i would probably just go for a standard 4 way switching rather than v2

Your original post asks how they compare to mid range coil over's. If you are thinking of budget air suspension then they won't be great... Sorry. You may find something reasonable for little money but make sure the struts are matched for the bags and car.

You don't need to lose the spare wheel but your boot space will be reduced due to the tank.