kieron

Kieron's VR6

Very tidy Kieron! 8)

Β 

Got the full specs, for those that don't know already?

Wow, that's a great looking C you've got there :) What did you use to get your paintwork so smooth and shiny? I want to be able to keep mine that nice.

Thanks guys. In those photos I'd spent about 3 evenings before Inters a few years back polishing it. Those photos are after I'd been and it had been flung down the strip a few times too.

Β 

I used Zymol auto bathe to wash it, a couple of polishes with HD Cleanse, then about 3 applications of their Concours Glaze. The trick really seems to be, other than making sure the car is clean and well polished of course, to buff the glaze lightly at first with no real pressure but enough to make the glaze transparent then an hour or so later come back and buff it again.

Β 

The spec on isn't as powerful as it once was because the Schrick 268 cams just made you drive it like a nutter everywhere because they kicked in a few rpm after the VSR kicked in :twisted: but it has:

Β 

VW Motorsport VSR (polished)

AmD re-map

AmD throttle body

Turn2 lightened crank pulley

Milltek sports cat

Milltek back box

Sach Sporting Kit suspension (at tasteful 25mm drop ie. not slammmmmmed!!! :wink: )

ITG cone filter (haha! I've just remembered I've a Turn2 CAI kit in the garage somewhere to fit too! oops!)

Vibratechnic engine mounts (which reminds me... doh.. Stage 3 Turn2 mounts are somewhere to be fitted)

Tarox G88 front discs

Goodridge braided brake lines

VW oil and volts centre console gauges

Β 

and guess who's had most of my money..... :wink: http://www.auto-amd.com/corrado.asp :)

Right now this is how I'm feeling as I've just sold him.

Β 

:( :shaking: :brickwall: :pukeright: :D

Β 

A great car and you will be missed.

Β 

8) :notworthy:

sorry to hear you sold it chap.. hope it went to a good home??

Β 

whats it being replaced with??

Thanks. I replaced it last year with a Merc CLK320 and the VR6 has gone to a very good home. Don't think I could have found a better home for it!

Β 

A family of VW nuts! :D

Hi Andy, yeah me too but too many toys and not enough space. That I hadn't driven the VR6 since I bought the Merc a year ago says something too.

Β 

It is staying local and has been bought by a friend of Autotechnik so you should still see it around the Marchwood/Southampton area with its original number plate N919 BRJ back on.

Β 

sob....

Β 

Still time for someone else to enjoy it.

a belated addition to this thread... but hi, i am the :mrgreen: guy who recently purchased Kieron's VR6

Β 

so if any of you happen to mistakenly cross the borders into hampshire and see a slightly-too-tall-to-be-driving-this-motor bloke, give us a wave*!!

Β 

*or spare dash switch-blanking plate if you have one :wink:

ehem yes I never did get around to getting one of those. :oops:

Β 

Why do I feel like a psychotic ex stalking my previous partner in replying to this...?! :lol:

Hello, I've seen a Corrado VR6 with plate N919 BRJ that looks abandoned. Could potentially be interested in buying it, uf the current owner is on here - and if it's not stolen!

What makes you think it may be abandoned or stolen- is it in the middle of a field or something ?Β  Its last mot expired May 2019 . Is the car still Southampton way ?Β Β 

Edited by Keyo

Also mentioned here on January 4th 2019 - Anyyoingly the image is not showing.Β 

Β 

Easypops now in Farnham hospital waiting for owner in car park 😝

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Easypops now in Farnham hospital waiting for owner in car park 😝

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I thought that when he said where he’dΒ seen it. No chance now easy pops knows πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Easy Pops last seen on flying scotsman heading South . 😝