Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Brakes??

Discovered last night that i have no brake lights, not sure how long for!! Found out last night by a mate in his 1.8T following me at full throttle!!! :shock: :shock: I have checked the fuse as neither lights are working. Fuse looks ok (Fuse 20 i belive). Think the bulbs are ok too as side lights work fine. What else could this be?? :(

Discovered last night that i have no brake lights, not sure how long for!! Found out last night by a mate in his 1.8T following me at full throttle!!! :shock: :shock: I have checked the fuse as neither lights are working. Fuse looks ok (Fuse 20 i belive). Think the bulbs are ok too as side lights work fine. What else could this be?? :(

Brake Pedal switch.........

Cheers Scott.. Where is this and what can i do about it?

situated on the back of the brake pedal - get down and have a look.... its quite high up... wires might have come detached or it could have broken....

Nice one - Ill have a look later on. Cheers!! ANyone got a part number or know roughly how much these are in case its broken? (and if its tricky to replace)

Well, had a closer look last night. passenger side bulb was black and covered in melted plastic from the surround of the light, where it seems to have melted a bigger hole for itself!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Replaced this and it works fine. Drivers side bulb looks fine but still doesnt work. Will replace this afternoon. Any ideas why both bulbs should go and fuse be ok? :?

Just because they can.

Seriously tho', the fuse will only blow if it is subjected to a current drain greater than its rating. The bulb filaments burning out won't usually pull enough current for long enough to take the fuse with them.

Just because they can.

Seriously tho', the fuse will only blow if it is subjected to a current drain greater than its rating. The bulb filaments burning out won't usually pull enough current for long enough to take the fuse with them.

Yup spot on *:)

hi guys this has just happened to me as well, im gonna check the same stuff tommorrow,

where can i find a guide to which fuse is for what??? anyone know?

Regards

Fuse info is also printed(?) on the underside of the fuse box parcel shelf