delfinis38

Talk to me about Wrist watches

Cheers jim will have a look. Not a fan of a linked straps but that omega looks nice.

Had a few busy days trying watches on. Don't think I've drunk so much coffee in watch shops in my life. Found some really nice watch's some I guess I would never wear and would have no function to me in life as I would just look at in a box due to the price. I've come to the conclusion that round about. 1.6k is the budget for practicality and functionality. I'm not a fan of chain linked straps and don't like big bulky faces that weigh loads. I know some of you are not a fan of TAG watches but this watch feels right. Even makes me want to keep looking at it and gives me a glow inside. And the price is right especially as I've found it 400 pounds of retail price. Cheaper than I found it tax free in gibrater. Which was a consideration to fly out to for a short break.

Any comments......

Servicing seems a standard rate of £270 and battery change £85 2 years warrantee.

£320 gets me:- new hands??, new battery, new seals, new crown & pressure tested. So it pretty much is just take the back off, blow on it, put a new battery in it, lol.

What a con! That's the last time I buy a posh watch. My mates are taking the pee now. "I could buy 30 Casios for the price of your service". They have a point :D

Think you're right there mate. I'd never buy a posh quartz. If I was spending into four figures, I'd only ever buy something with a mechanical movement. When you know the movement probably costs all of £20 at cost price, you wonder exactly what you're paying for when the watch costs £1,500!

Any comments......

If it's a watch you've found that you really like then go for it! To hell with whatever anyone else thinks :) It's like musical taste, or fashion sense.. it's a totally subjective and individual thing.

Small up date.. Tag watch purchased yesterday... Very pleased came in nice box and bag covered in silver star sprinkles. Even more pleased that I managed to haggle £450 of the asking price. Bad news is the Mrs spotted all the gold and diamonds in the shop.

Very nice. I am currently loving the new oris Audi sport limited edition but a tad out of my price range lol. Wonder if my misses will oblige haha