Bs6VR6

United Motorsport

Just a quick update. The downpipe finally arrived, did have the lambda bosses in it but even after having trimmed the rear mount it was pulling the exhaust tight to the drivers side of the tunnel. Have had to do away with the first silencer(jetex exhaust) and get infinity to redo the first two sections. I have got the to weld in a 6 inch flexi to the section that bolts to the downpipe. Hopefully this will allow it to fit and run central through the tunnel. Not impressed though. It isn't a fit and forget part and in my case required quite a bit of extra money and bits to get it to work. Not great when it's already cost you best part of £400. Definatly would advise doing your own if you have the tools and skills.

Happily having got the two sections back from infinity the exhaust system now fits. Still not entirely happy as the downpipe site very close to the pas pipes but I'm sure these can be manipulated out of the way.

Kev quick question, in my haste(a running theme) I overlooked the bit regarding 4motion cast manifolds and the difference to the 3.2 exhaust ports so haven't enlarged them to match. Is this likely to cause major problems? I will source an extra set and get these done so will replace them but for the purposes of getting it started am I likely to run into issues or is the possibility of a hot spot just something you wanted to avoid? Like I said will get it rectified just wanted to know if it would cause me potential issues in the short term?

Cheers

Max,