Hairyarse

Chopped-in my 2.0 16v Corrado today...

....for a VR6 (Wey-hey!!!) :cool:

You may recognise the car (or see the end of his build thread) - I've bought Sam's (Iceviolet's) VR6.

Hat off to the man, he's done a good job of keeping the car in fine fettle and the engine is very sweet after his rebuild a few years ago.

There's a few jobs on the to-do list, most of which is bodywork related but generally the car is very straight and has a nice, original shine to it. The wishbone bushes may need doing too but there's nothing urgent.

Here's a pic before setting off from Sam's today;

2015-01-14135111_zps5fa691f8.jpg

The car was faultless on the way home - about 80 miles from memory - with temps and pressures rock-steady and MPG in the low 30s if the MFA is correct, which isn't much less than my valver so I'm well-pleased.

Got a good thumbs-up from a lad in a red MK2 Golf coming down the A1 which was cool :thumbleft:

I'm also loving the Corrado gauges - never seen these before; (Excuse the poor photo.)

2015-01-14162456_zpsc0c21cb1.jpg

I'm looking forward to settling in with the VR and just driving it. In the meantime, the 2.0 16v will get some attention, cleaned-up and be up for sale shortly ;)

LOOKS LIKE A NICE STRAIGHT CAR. Gauges are manufacture option and quiet rare and expensive to buy nowdays.

Love Ice Grey Violet - one of my all time favourite Corrado colours :)

nice swap to make Andy!!

ive always admired iceviolets car, such a goof colour & oooo those gauges look mint :D

nice swap to make Andy!!

ive always admired iceviolets car, such a goof colour & oooo those gauges look mint :D

I am rather chuffed with it! :)The noise, the noise!! lol

I am rather chuffed with it! :)The noise, the noise!! lol

is it on factory air box?

if you like the noise Andy I cant recommend a BMC highly enough! they really let the VR engine speak :D

quiet as a mouse when barely any throttle or cruising at 70 on m'way but if you have a spirited right foot the sound is awesome - it goes from a low grunty burble to a throaty growl right through to a full on roar which will not only have you grinning from ear to ear but from experience it catches out drivers of fellow cars (especially when overtaking) & you notice their head whip round to look at what is coming past lol :cool:

It's factory. I remember the BMC - I never had one on my Golf VR6 but remember a lot of people in the club having them and they sounded awesome!!

It's factory. I remember the BMC - I never had one on my Golf VR6 but remember a lot of people in the club having them and they sounded awesome!!

yeah it really does transform the sound. I love it when im just pottering around & give it a little blip for one reason or another, the burble it gives reminds me of a V8 lol

its worth hanging on to your factory air box if you end up removing it, if it is unmolested, as lots have been drilled & people want a replacement

also, did iceviolet install one of daves16v short shifters? they definitely are a benefit, on mine it removed occasional instances of slight crunching when needing a rapid 2nd to 3rd change & makes the throw feel much nicer ;)

on another note, how is the new site & venture going?

yeah it really does transform the sound. I love it when im just pottering around & give it a little blip for one reason or another, the burble it gives reminds me of a V8 lol

its worth hanging on to your factory air box if you end up removing it, if it is unmolested, as lots have been drilled & people want a replacement

also, did iceviolet install one of daves16v short shifters? they definitely are a benefit, on mine it removed occasional instances of slight crunching when needing a rapid 2nd to 3rd change & makes the throw feel much nicer ;)

on another note, how is the new site & venture going?

I think it's not messed with, I'll check when I remove it for a BMC! lol

No short shifter but there's one in my white one which will be coming out :)

Thanks for asking, yes not bad thanks. Need to pick the pace up to make enough money quick enough! Having fun with it though and the MK2 16v Golf looks like it's sold ;)

I think it's not messed with, I'll check when I remove it for a BMC! lol

No short shifter but there's one in my white one which will be coming out :)

Thanks for asking, yes not bad thanks. Need to pick the pace up to make enough money quick enough! Having fun with it though and the MK2 16v Golf looks like it's sold ;)

tidy! I think £ for £ the short shifter is one of the best value mods, along with the uprated headlight looms

im hoping to get another 2 shifters off dave, one for the gf storm & one for my valver

cool that's good news about the venture! the golf looked a nice motor from memory :)

what is your site traffic like & do you do any optimisation? I struggle a little with generating new traffic to the site for the VW camper my friends rents out

Totally agree. I said to Dave when I saw him it's the best ever money I've spent on any car, sorts the only little gripe I had with the C. I feel a bit tight not buying another one but am impatient so can't wait lol. I've enquired on here for a loom as I need one for the VR6. They lights aren't too bad actually, much better than my valver's were.

I get on average 40-50 hits a day to my site. Mostly through Facebook or links from car ads. Bounce rate isn't good - 79%. To be honest, I use my Facebook page a lot more - https://www.facebook.com/yesterdayscars - I can update daily, or most days on what's going on and I've had much more enquiries to my business through this than my web site. If they don't have an FB page it would be worth doing one.

...oh one question. The VR has the Lupo wiper conversion and to be honest, they're rubbish!! lol I'm hoping they just need new blades but they don't look too bad. Can you only get the blades from VW as they're not a standard fitment are they??

Oddly enough, my valver wiper arms are original and work a treat! I've never had a problem with them :)

Totally agree. I said to Dave when I saw him it's the best ever money I've spent on any car, sorts the only little gripe I had with the C. I feel a bit tight not buying another one but am impatient so can't wait lol. I've enquired on here for a loom as I need one for the VR6. They lights aren't too bad actually, much better than my valver's were.

I get on average 40-50 hits a day to my site. Mostly through Facebook or links from car ads. Bounce rate isn't good - 79%. To be honest, I use my Facebook page a lot more - https://www.facebook.com/yesterdayscars - I can update daily, or most days on what's going on and I've had much more enquiries to my business through this than my web site. If they don't have an FB page it would be worth doing one.

that is very similar to my experience with the vans - though we did see a good deal of traffic when Volks World Camper & Bus did a feature.

I created the FB page some time ago but if im honest, due to the 69 bay window restoration they are doing & me selling my flat & buying a house, I have been rather slack on updating it etc

it is http://www.facebook.com/vantasialtd if you want a look ;)

...oh one question. The VR has the Lupo wiper conversion and to be honest, they're rubbish!! lol I'm hoping they just need new blades but they don't look too bad. Can you only get the blades from VW as they're not a standard fitment are they??

Oddly enough, my valver wiper arms are original and work a treat! I've never had a problem with them :)

not sure Andy - I have standard wiper setup on the VR & use bosch super plus blades, which are fine most of the time unless the rain is heavy & im on m'way

personally I have a preference to use 'rain away' or similar & then not use the wipers at all lol

FYI I did try some bosch aero wipers on the VR, think they were the proper VR ones, but they were awful! I think only about 25% of the blades actually made contact with the screen - chocolate & teapot sprang to mind

Glad you are happy with it mate. It definatley is one of the best colours!

You mentioned the lights not having the uprated loom, I never had a problem with the lights as they are not too bad with decent lamps in them.

The wipers are pretty crap, as someone mentioned the best way is to use a rain repellent, hardly use the wipers then.

I kind of miss it already! I will probably be back in a Corrado at some point you never know!

occasional instances of slight crunching when needing a rapid 2nd to 3rd change

:lol: Am glad its not just me....

Nice bus! I like the FB page too. The only advice I could give is try to always put a pic in the posts to page. If you don't no one much tends to take notice of them! Anywhere you can get links to forums etc seemed good too, but probably teaching you to suck eggs! lol

I've been to Halfrauds but no joy with the wiper blades. It seemed the had sets that would fit but not 2x19 inch blades as fitted currently. The only separate 19s they had had a different fitting. I'll get on line me thinks! lol

Glad you are happy with it mate. It definatley is one of the best colours!

You mentioned the lights not having the uprated loom, I never had a problem with the lights as they are not too bad with decent lamps in them.

The wipers are pretty crap, as someone mentioned the best way is to use a rain repellent, hardly use the wipers then.

I kind of miss it already! I will probably be back in a Corrado at some point you never know!

I am thanks Sam ;) Your lights are way better than mine on my valver were when I got that - I ran with the front fogs on all the time to see anything until I fitted the loom. Now I'm used to the brighter lights it seems a sensible mod to me. The short shifter has come out of the valver this afternoon, in to the VR in the morning :)