Mccorrymark

00515 fault cam sensor

Hey guys so I got the 00515 fault on my 2.9 vr6 corrado it's an early 92 dizzy engine I'm I right to believe this engine doesn't have a cam sensor? I replaced the crank sensor today it's running better but fault keeps coming back any advice?

8F33D9CC-FEAD-4C2B-81CE-327D2156BD16_zpslhlbjiq7.jpg

Also someone told me the crank sensor is the black connector but mine was connected to the White one so I reconnected it to the White one perhaps this was connected wrong in first place??

E54C9BA3-7114-4ED5-AD7D-391486599F7D_zpsfkn53kbx.jpg

The speed sensor is the crank sensor (not cam sensor) You will get a code for the crank sensor if if you do a scan and the engine's not running. If the engine runs its unlikely to be the crank sensor - a faulty crank sensor will give no spark or fuel injected.

Crank sensors can give missfires when they start to break down.

The car was running wrough when I drive it out to get crank sensor done after that it was running a lot better the crank sensor was goin bad when it warmed up apparently this can happen and when the car had been drove some times it died and wudnt spark again sometimes for hours

I think the hall sensor is inside the dizzy, I'm not 100% sure, my cars are coilpack, others will advise you better