Rocket Ron

CCGB AGM - April 26th, 2015

Date set for the AGM 2015:

Sunday 26th of April 2015, start at 13:00, approx duration 3 hours.

Most folk already turn up from 12:00 onwards for some Corrado-chats and free entry to the Gaydon Heritage museum.

More details on the CCGB Site,

Hi

Is it just a case of just turning up and aim for the normal car park?

Is there anything to pay ref on the day?

Thanks

Nothing to pay - just show up if you're a CCGB member. It's just a meeting where we discuss direction for the club, present committee reports and so forth and members can vote on club decisions.

Have a feeling it's going to be a real quiet one this year though :(

Nothing to pay - just show up if you're a CCGB member. It's just a meeting where we discuss direction for the club, present committee reports and so forth and members can vote on club decisions.

Cheers Jim.

Is it just sitting there for 3 hours then??? :eek:

Of the AGM is 3 hours including other events and free tea/biccy too? ;)

There is free tea and biccies

If you haven't been before,it's best to turn up early,and have a good look around the museum,well worth it

There is free tea and biccies

If you haven't been before,it's best to turn up early,and have a good look around the museum,well worth it

Cheers bud :)

Just not sure if worth the trip when I have 2 kids with me - no chance they sit still for 3 hours :shocked!:

Unfortunately it is very much a formality of the club and yes, it is pretty much sitting there for three hours. There's no way to sugar coat that. There's nothing to stop you showing up though, checking out the cars, and then scooting off for the free museum visit?

Unfortunately it is very much a formality of the club and yes, it is pretty much sitting there for three hours. There's no way to sugar coat that. There's nothing to stop you showing up though, checking out the cars, and then scooting off for the free museum visit?

Cheers Jim.

Might do that!

Go early, check cars/museum out - sit for maybe 30mins of AGM...then leave early before kids get bored :thumb right:

Is there a link available for this as I can't seem to find it on the CCGB forum...... but I may be being an idiot and missing it.

All businesses and charities that are run on behalf of members or part owned by the members have to have an annual general meeting. They are a fact of life, and they're not glamorous. But they are a chance for the committee (or board of directors) to explain to the membership what they have been doing on behalf of the membership, gain approval for what has been done and explain the way ahead. If the paying membership are aren't interested in how their money is being spent, then they can't complain when they don't like what the Club is up to. Finally it's a chance to vote in the new committee. Jim is right, you can't sugar coat it, but it's all important nevertheless.

On a lighter note, its worth mentioning that it's also a really good chance to meet and/or catch up with a bunch of friendly like-minded Corrado enthusiasts and normally get to look at a selection of tasty cars. If your new to the club, then you have the chance to meet the committee who work so tirelessly to run and publicise the good work the Club does and make it as good as it can be for its members. Personally I see it as a chance to support those dedicated people who run it and show them that their work is appreciated as well as catch up with what's been happening and what's planned for the show season.

I get back into the country on the Saturday but certainly expect to be there at Gaydon on the Sunday. So see you all there (albeit sadly not in the Rado).

Edited by chazrad

Although i definitely wont be there is there a way i can raise a suggestion for the day?

Is there a link available for this as I can't seem to find it on the CCGB forum...... but I may be being an idiot and missing it.

Here's the link mate - though you need to be signed in to actually see it. I might suggest to Neil that we make it available to non-logged in users of the site too..

http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148:corrado-club-agm-2015-announcement&catid=59:announcements

Cheers.

Here's the link mate - though you need to be signed in to actually see it. I might suggest to Neil that we make it available to non-logged in users of the site too..

http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148:corrado-club-agm-2015-announcement&catid=59:announcements

Cheers.

Thanks Jim.

Yes - u need to login to see the AGM details.

But no need to login to see other calendar events ...

All businesses and charities that are run on behalf of members or part owned by the members have to have an annual general meeting. They are a fact of life, and they're not glamorous. But they are a chance for the committee (or board of directors) to explain to the membership what they have been doing on behalf of the membership, gain approval for what has been done and explain the way ahead. If the paying membership are aren't interested in how their money is being spent, then they can't complain when they don't like what the Club is up to. Finally it's a chance to vote in the new committee. Jim is right, you can't sugar coat it, but it's all important nevertheless.

On a lighter note, its worth mentioning that it's also a really good chance to meet and/or catch up with a bunch of friendly like-minded Corrado enthusiasts and normally get to look at a selection of tasty cars. If your new to the club, then you have the chance to meet the committee who work so tirelessly to run and publicise the good work the Club does and make it as good as it can be for its members. Personally I see it as a chance to support those dedicated people who run it and show them that their work is appreciated as well as catch up with what's been happening and what's planned for the show season.

I get back into the country on the Saturday but certainly expect to be there at Gaydon on the Sunday. So see you all there (albeit sadly not in the Rado).

:thumb right: :thumb right: :thumb right:

Precisely my reason to attend - meet others, nose around their cars and at least attend part of AGM to see committee members and what its all about :D

Though, concerned that my Corrado is nowhere fit enough to showcase around :eek: :(

Although i definitely wont be there is there a way i can raise a suggestion for the day?

Hi mate - I think the official way is to contact the secretary (Chris) on [email protected]. If you want to PM me or anything, I can bring it to the attention of the secretary though. Totally up to you.

I'm hoping to make this. Do we need to notify anyone that we're going like last year?

Hi mate - I think the official way is to contact the secretary (Chris) on [email protected]. If you want to PM me or anything, I can bring it to the attention of the secretary though. Totally up to you.

Thanks Jim. Email sent. Ill PM you the email details as well in case..

Hi

I'm the Merchandise manager for the CCGB you even get the chance to purchase some quality merchandise and save postage as I will be bringing my stock to AGM. Visit the site where my section is open to non member and members to see what is availalble.

You even have the chance of putting your ideas forward and you can even volunteers your services to assist the team of dedicated volunteers.

Hope to see you there.

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron

As the AGM looms following Sunday...

Is there no one willing to meetup from North or part-way to cruise together?

:(

:shrug:

:sad:

:confused:

Thread merged.

Sorry Jim, forgot there was a thread for the AGM! :bonk: