Louis

ATE type ABS brake master cylinder VR6

I'm looking for one of these please in good working order.

Mine failed in Dec last year, bought a "reconditioned" one off eBay for an eye watering price which also failed shortly after having been driven. Then sent my original one off for reconditioning to J&L in Rochdale mid Jan. They told me 2 weeks...I'm still waiting. Several phone calls later & I've lost my patience. If anyone else is reading this don't send it to them they're complete time wasters I urge you to try someone else, it's gone past the point of me being able to forgive them.

Rant over, anyone got a working spare for a decent price? I'm £350 in on 2 master cylinders so far & the car is still off the road. I'm fed up.

I'd need it before summer ideally as that's when I anticipate this lot will finally get round to sending mine back! Seriously, next week would be amazing though.

Rich

Yep I called them in the first place & they said no. Since found out they do them, think they were put off by the word ABS. Seems people assume they're the cylinder & pump in one deal.

How much did past parts charge & how long did it take? Tempted to send the eBay one off to them now

This is the one

image_zpsatw89ujh.jpg

image_zpsegsmv5au.jpg

23.8mm bore.

There is no VW part no on it that I can find.

Rich

Touchy!!

I've searched the forum and this one didn't come up, I just read the others where there was no solution so tried to come up with my own.

So sorry sir.

As far as I know they all were. How about since you had trouble let me know which one u want I'll send it and if ok then you can pay for it ( obviously an agreed price before I send it)

Sounds like a plan.

Well from an aesthetic point of view I'd take the least rusty one, which looks like no.2 or 3? I'll prob wire brush & Hammerite it first.

If you could get it to me asap that'd be great I don't mind paying extra for quick postage. I'll try to get it fitted in the week if poss.

What price you thinking? I haven't seen a second hand one for sale before.

Yea sounds perfectly fair to me. Let me know what postage costs & how you want paying and I'll sort it. Cheers pal.

Job done. Got it Weds, fitted today & the world is a better place. Thanks for your help mate.