Mawrick

Best way to upgrade brake system on a VR6?

What is the best way to upgrade the Corrado VR6 brakes ? (is there any "plugin" mods that will accept original rims, and original hoses/pipes etc...)?.

What are the different options - I think I'v heard about a Brembo kit sometime - is that still available ? - and is it compatible with speedlines ?

288mm from a late mk3 Golf GTI is the largest you can go on standard wheels. They have a different hose fitting to the standard corrado calipers, and if you don't want to go down the braided route, standard mk3 rubber hoses will do.

I was wondering if there are any nice 2 or 4 pot calipers that fit standard wheels. I had a vague memory of someone doing it

I think wilwoods do but they're not much cop with serious power according to some. I've never tried them though so I'm only regurgitating what others have said.

The Audi s2 calipers are 280mm 2 pot, but not sure if you'd need custom adapters and conversion hoses for those too. I doubt very much they'd be direct Fit.

I have just had the 288 Fronts (Mk3) and Mk4 rears done - much better than the standard

I agree but I'd say the jump from 288 to 312 is not worth the effort. I've got everything else mentioned above and have gone from 288 to 312 and the improvement was ok but not earth shattering. 288 and some good pads should be all you need.

Are these 288's something that bolts straight on ? (apart from the hose-connection)?, any part numbers for these parts ?.

Mk3 vr6 callipes and carriers, discs, pads, hoses is what I had for mine. Purple Tom on here is selling the first two items ... Will need a little refurb. The rest will be new