annavr6

Bonnet cable

Hi Guys

One of our chaps was asked for a bonnet cable this weekend, apparently is a common problem to fail on the corrado. Im unsure if this is the case as ive not been asked before for one

Is this a problem part? I cant find anything available so it is something I would need to source second hand and get made.

Worth it for me to do it or not?

I think they are yes , its the little clip in the cabin that breaks and also the trumpet thingy on the engine side if things

Im sure someone will explain alot better than me but the answer your looking for is yes

Common failure and obsolete since last year I believe.

I'm sure it is worth while if you can come up with something that isn't as fragile as the original.

The cable would be a great place to start but parts for the whole system would be in demand I think (the trumpets, clips in the cabin, etc).

Hi Anna , I have spare trumpet part which you could use for a copy , should you need it . One of the old forum chaps had a few made , a while back . I'm happy to send it to you .

Rob

Hi Anna,

I was just about to contact you guys about this, to see if you supplied them.

They are indeed a common fault. I spent much of last weekend trying to fix mine, as the screw that goes into the end trumped has snapped on mine. Its all rusted up (the trumpet as well as the tiny screw)

I'd certainly be interested in buying any new produced parts, as I'm sure many others would be. I'm sure an improvement on the poor design of the original (as others have said) would be much appreciated.

I don't have any spare parts unfortunately.

does anyone have any experience of this part, which i just found on the net:

http://www.tdnparts.com/hood-release-cable-kit-corrado-vr6/

Also found this how to/cable breakdown guide, which may help:

http://www.bethandjames.com/corrado_hood_release.htm

Cheers

Edited by Erallus

does anyone have any experience of this part, which i just found on the net:

http://www.tdnparts.com/hood-release-cable-kit-corrado-vr6/

Cheers

Yes I do. Very good solution that if could be replicated by Heritage/ Classic parts would be a great upgrade.

Anna, I have a spare set of TDN stainless trumpets if they are needed as a template. I need a guarantee that they will be returned in perfect condition OR replaced with a TDN set if you do borrow them.

At the handle end there is a weak point that could be improved upon. (mine has broken already & is 18 months old & I have barely used it!) There is a solution marketed by Gruvenparts but its pricy. If something could be created to resolve this matter at a reasonable price im sure you would sell plenty.

I bought a second hand set up but looked at it and opted to modify the original and do away with the poxy spring steel clip:

Here it is, knocked it up quickly on my dinner at graft, fitted it yesterday and it works spot on.

20150330_121021_zpscdgb923z.jpg

20150330_121027_zpsfk2dabt9.jpg

Might not look OEM but who the hell sees it anyway, fully functional and not likely to break any time soon.

Hi Bigdave

You were indeed one of the people that has asked

What I need is the parts you would want making, we cant always guarantee you would get them back but we certainly have someone that can do the cable part