delfinis38

Door handle repair kit

I've had one of Daves repair kits for a few years and never fitted it... Are they easy to fit ? Think I've lost the instructions.... If you have to take the door card off I think I will leave it alone until it breaks....

Or should I be doing preventative maintenance now.

Can anyone advice on taking door handle out.... And fitting a kit...

Yes it's best to take the door card off ! If yours hasn't broken yet, how do you know it hasn't been replaced before ? Undo the screw by the handle(some are left-hand thread) gently pull the handle out enough to look at the mechanism.you will know if it's been replaced !While out grease/lubricate the mechanism.

To be honest,the first one is the worst, but like anything we do,it gets easier the more you do ! It can be done with the doorcard on,but I've always removed the card,and done the handle in my workshop.

I expect the great man himself(Dave) will be along shortly with better advice

As dragon has said, check before pulling it all apart.

Ideally you should take the door card off as the whole handle needs to come out, it's easier to have the handle out when fitting the kit.

Drop me your email address and I'll send the install guide.

Dave

As dragon has said, check before pulling it all apart.

Ideally you should take the door card off as the whole handle needs to come out, it's easier to have the handle out when fitting the kit.

Drop me your email address and I'll send the install guide.

Dave

thanks dave.... will drop you a PM later with email address....

bought the kit a few years ago in anticipation.... its never been changed. I've owned the car since 1996/7

is it easier to change now as preventative maintenance or wait until it breaks ?? what happens when it breaks ? cant you open the door...

When it breaks the door doesn't open from the outside.

Would you rather change it when you have time or be stuck when it breaks and you have no time to fix it?

If i was you,just check it hasn't been replaced before ! I got through a lot of handles before I installed Dave's kit,

When they break, it's always at the most inconvenient time, takes 30 seconds to check yours

I shall be having a look this weekend . But yes I'm thick what should I be looking for lol . Any one have a pic please , the driver door on my raddo is a pain to open some times I can hear the mechanism click when pulling the door handle it will then open . But I might have to pull the handle 4 5 times etc ?? Does this mean it's on it's way out ? Or just need greasing up wtc . And Dave how much is your kit please mate ta

I shall be having a look this weekend . But yes I'm thick what should I be looking for lol . Any one have a pic please , the driver door on my raddo is a pain to open some times I can hear the mechanism click when pulling the door handle it will then open . But I might have to pull the handle 4 5 times etc ?? Does this mean it's on it's way out ? Or just need greasing up wtc . And Dave how much is your kit please mate ta

It does sound like the striker is not doing it's job. Remove the handle screw in the end of the door, push the handle towards the front of the door and then rotate it out of the door. You won't be able to pull it out too far as the central locking cable is attached but enough to see the condition of the striker arm.

Price is £16 per side inc P+P.