Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Anyone got ceramic pads?

Yeah U can get pads also similar to the Pagit greys, just wondering if they are any better/more durable than other pads.

There is a set of PBR ceramic pads going on ECS cheap I was thinking of making the purchase.

The ceramic disks are a different story the Porsche GT3 comes with the option of them £15K price tag !

And talking to one of the mechanics at a open evening Porsche had (mate blagged invites from an invitation for the old owner of his flat :) ), they don't work when cold which is abit scary.

My m8 just fitted some EBC "redstuff" ceramic pads to his beemer. He swears by them but they don't work hardly at all when they're cold !! Similar to driving a car with no servo !!

If you do get some - make sure your brakes are red hot when you take it for MOT.

The ceramic disks are a different story the Porsche GT3 comes with the option of them £15K price tag !

........and i remember hearing that some owners who ticked the options for the ceramic brakes are finding that they are needing replaced due to wear(with low miles too) :shock: :shock: after being used on track-days and porsche isn't classing it as a design/manufacturing fault :shock: :wink:

and i remember hearing that some owners who ticked the options for the ceramic brakes are finding that they are needing replaced due to wear(with low miles too) :shock: :shock: after being used on track-days and porsche isn't classing it as a design/manufacturing fault :shock: :wink:

Sounds a tad expensive :lol: