Cressa

Typical sunroof problem, but i need a part/ advice please

I've enjoyed removing the interior trim and giving it all a good clean and polish. The sunroof is is on my dining room table in pieces. My left hand slider part where the cable joins onto it is broken. 722 686 877 is the part number. Does anyone have one of these, or know of where i can get this from. VW say its obsolete. I've been out and bought a mk3 golf unit but the slider does not have the tilting spring part for a corrado sunroof liner. I'm wanting to restore her to some sort of standard former glory over time so would prefer to keep her the same.[ATTACH=CONFIG]81352[/ATTACH]

I have also just tried to upload a picture of the broken part. Hopefully it has worked. Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Oh and the mk3 golf wind deflector part is different as it has two cut out slots in it.

If someone has managed to make everything work correctly from a mk3 golf, i welcome the solution.

Thanks everyone

Hi Cressa

Welcome!

And u much braver than I am :clap:

My also suffer the passenger side tilt broken.

Am sure someone will come along and give u pointers...

As for Mk3 Golf.

Some say its a pain to fit, not perfect contour sunroof but fits.

My research has shown the following "supposed to be a better fit":

1. 1997 Seat Ibiza

2. Mk1 Octavia

3. B4 VW Passat (best / easiest to fit ) :thumbleft:

Good luck!

The mk3 has been a straight swop. All the fixing holes and locating pegs line up perfectly. Even the motor plugs straight in. what I am using is my original metal roof which is what I want. No moonroof conversion, as you rightly say the golf panel is not quite the same profile.

Tomorrow's job is to faff around with the inner sunroof to see if I can get it to lift when the sunroof tilts...

I'll let you know how it goes ..

The mk3 has been a straight swop. All the fixing holes and locating pegs line up perfectly. Even the motor plugs straight in. what I am using is my original metal roof which is what I want. No moonroof conversion, as you rightly say the golf panel is not quite the same profile.

Tomorrow's job is to faff around with the inner sunroof to see if I can get it to lift when the sunroof tilts...

I'll let you know how it goes ..

Nice one, buddy! :)

Yeah, keep us posted!

Also,

Maybe get more exposure if u post a new thread on the WANTED section?

And check out the CAR BREAKING threads too!

I have just had the joy of doing all this, I managed to get a cable kit from TPS. The part number was S1H0898014A

I also found after fitting the cable kit that another part was broken, a sliding guide part. This was very hard to get hold of but got it in the end. Good luck :)