paceo

should be my last question, vr6 timing looks ok but cam lobes look out of place?

first of all that you for your help on here!

the crank pulley and auxillery shaft timing marks are spot on on the corrado vr6 engine, the new schimmell 263 cams half moons also look spot on with the cam locking tool used, but if you look at the cam lobes there is a slight difference, ive marked it in red arrows so you can see, its only 2mm out i would say, but would it do any harm?

look at the rear lobes first ive marked with a red arrow, compared them to the blocks that hold the cams down, you can see a 2mm or so difference, also look at the lobes facing upwards, one is at about 12pm and the other at about 12.02pm

cams_zpsykgcgqj3.jpg

camss_zpspdzskgfx.jpg

Edited by paceo

The cam ends look ok. Just turn it over manually by hand 5 or six times then check the slots line up the intermediate sprocket slot is visible and the piston in cylinder 1 is at tdc. No spark plugs obviously!

Well done for doing this all yourself.

With number 1 piston at top dead centre TDC the cam lobes on that cylinder should be opposing one another (mirror image)and the valves closed, bare in mind the crank does 2 rotations for every one of the cams. Dont compare lobes on different cylinders.

Looks ok to me, if it was a tooth or two out you would really notice it.

Just make sure the intermediate shaft (oil pump drive) is in the correct orientation, it's possible to get that 180 out.

Rog.

Looks ok to me, if it was a tooth or two out you would really notice it.

Just make sure the intermediate shaft (oil pump drive) is in the correct orientation, it's possible to get that 180 out.

Rog.

yes its near bang on rog :-)

The cams slots being in line to receive the locking plate mean nothing if number ones piston is not at TDC at the same time.

The cams slots being in line to receive the locking plate mean nothing if number ones piston is not at TDC at the same time.

the crank pulley and auxillery shaft timing marks are spot on

Rog.

Does the position of the intermediate shaft really matter?

i dont think it needs to be if im right?

I believe it does although can't remember why! Vince advised regarding this. You'll be able to see if its correct by looking down from the top when the square slot is visible.

removed

Edited by Dox