Shaab

Sun roof no sun

Hi everyone

Just bought a 1996 16V few minor problems, which I am sure I will be pestering everyone about, but the main one is the sunroof it doesn't open fully the tilt works but only closes fully on the drivers side so large gap on passenger side ? (No sun just rain at the moment)

Any ideas on a remedy other then wear waterproof until the summer

Cheers

Hi everyone

Just bought a 1996 16V few minor problems, which I am sure I will be pestering everyone about, but the main one is the sunroof it doesn't open fully the tilt works but only closes fully on the drivers side so large gap on passenger side ? (No sun just rain at the moment)

Any ideas on a remedy other then wear waterproof until the summer

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

Sunroof mechanism failure on the Corrado is very common (a search would have shown this). My recommendation is to swap the whole unit for a Passat (B3/B4) glass roof which is what I did and I love it.

Thanks or the reply, I think its the passenger side runner so I will see if I can get it re aligned this weekend

Glass sunroof sounds quite nice though !

Good luck. my passenger side slider was broken from its cable. After swapping the whole unit I tried repairing it/ gluing it with a product called 'Q bond' from decent motor factors. It was recommended to me by a mobile car trim repair man. It's good stuff and when I repaired my breakage, I could build up some strength around it. There was masses of information on here about how to remove it all. Just be careful when removing the rear roof trim at the boot as it snaps easily. And treat all the roof lining to a good clean whilst out. Easy. Goodluck