Goldie

Blue fuel line split

Im not having much joy at the moment..

Went up to the car today stinking of fuel, look underneath and there is a split in the blue fuel line near the fuel filter.

Questions..

Is this the fuel pump discharge?

Available new?

Is the one for an 8v likely to be the same length as VR6 as it does terminate in the same are under the bonnet?

Anyone else Corrado testing their patience?

According to the Bentley manual it's the return line.

It's not clear where it goes under the bonnet but I reckon it's a good chance of being the same. Will the scanned manuals or ETKA tell you anything? ETKA may show the same part number?

Am in the process of renewing my fuel lines but decided against doing that blue pipe and the other one. I thought they have no chance of splitting. Might have to recheck them now.

Have seen a few people replace them wuth kunifer/cupro nickel piping. All i did is replace the rubber bits with ptfe stuff.

Return line.. From looking underneath it disappears into the floor pan like it does on a VR and then it reappears near the master cylinder..

I haven't got any further than using colourful language at it and making my way to Durham to get another car..

Jim, id never have imagine it would split, its a small knick, no evidence that i have clipped anything elsewhere on the underneath of the car so must just have been a one in a million thing..

I did have a fuel smell from the car before i took it to bits. Not found anything obvious though.

Can't see the length being much different. The corrados are all the same length and it runs from the bulkhead up to the back of car where the handbrake cable guides stick out.

Id imagine you are right about the length being the same.. I can get a VR fuel line but can't trim it as it will lose it played end for the flexible hose to clamp on to..

Found mine had been chewed somewhat today. Big puddle of fuel under the car.

Is this just a normal polyurethane fuel line? Sizes and tips on removal/fitting would be appreciated. Thanks.

Found mine had been chewed somewhat today. Big puddle of fuel under the car.

Is this just a normal polyurethane fuel line? Sizes and tips on removal/fitting would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Fla,

Is this the fuel line pipes above the serpentine belt on the side of the engine , or the fuel hoses that attach to the each end of the fuel filter if so I can help with part numbers and give you a link to replace them as I have some ready to fit.

Cheers.

Yup as Jim says its the blue one that goes through the floor. I think its the return from the fuel rail.

Keyo, thats really helpful thanks. There's a tps near to my office - hopefully they can get it...

Hasan

I got all my fuel lines from these guys, I was humming and rrring wether to use them as based in Germany and thought bet they dont have these things in stock. Unfortunantley the fuel lines I purchased are differnet to the blue line your after.

However bit the bullet and they arrived within a week , they have absolutley loads of hard to find corrado parts in stock with quick delivery. If you can find the part number for the blue I highly reccomand them.

https://www.online-teile.com/volkswagen-ersatzteile/index.php?language=en

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96284[/ATTACH]

Is this what you are after blue return pipe? Part Number 535201219B

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/catalog/product/view/id/38978/s/krafftstoffrohr-corrado/

If so ask VW Heritage to order it in will be alot cheaper for postage then ordering OFF classics direct.

Please check part number though is correct for your Rado.

https://www.vwheritage.com/classic/?DisplayPage=1

Edited by Keyo

In the meantime, i'll tape the split up with some fabric tape and self-amalgamating plus a layer of pvc tape - someone on PH did the same for a short run and it held well. I only need to bring it a mile down the road fortunately.

My car has been standing for a few months and looks like the line has been chewed!

In the meantime, i'll tape the split up with some fabric tape and self-amalgamating plus a layer of pvc tape - someone on PH did the same for a short run and it held well. I only need to bring it a mile down the road fortunately.

My car has been standing for a few months and looks like the line has been chewed!

This reminds me of a German documentary I watched about Martens a weasel like creature that causes thousands of pounds of damage each year to cars in Germany , by means of chewing up cables and pipes on vehicles.

Here's my repair using constant tension clips 12-14mm and 15mm on each end plus 8mm fuel pipe. Theres a 10mm fill at each end of the pipe

Edit: need to resize pics!

Edited by fla

A real mission to get the fuel hose onto the return pipe - 8mm hose but i had to soften it with some hot water plus use some washing up liquid to help slide it on. It got a kink in it at one point so i had to cut that bit out too.

As it's the return pipe the pressure is only about 3 bar, probably less, so with the two sets of clamps it should be fairly secure. The fuel pipe wall thickness is also quite thin.

Actually its a good sight easier than taking the hose out completely - not sure where it goes from under the car to the fuel pump.

If there were more space under the car to mount the hose i would replace the blue pipe from the fuel rail right up to the split.

These pipes have a little metal insert in the ends to stop them being crushed when you clamp the flexi pipe on, expect you can buy them individually if you want to do it properly.

Thanks Simeon. Would you be able to provide a link for the same at all?