oxfordpaul

Just bought my 6th Corrado! (since 1994!)

Hi Guys and Gals. Just bought yet another Corrado, just can't shake the love :)

I bought this one as it's a very early and I believe rare VR6 - with the early dash and monte carlo alloys (like the campaign). Registered Aug 92. Anyone know what the chassis number is of the first VR's in the UK and how many had this early dash and wheels? I have a Sept 92 brochure which shows the new interior and Speedline wheels. My Jan 92 brochure doesn't even have the VR6 in it, so it was launched around June 92 I think (road test models were J reg) and only made until probably the summer shutdown of 92 (early Aug). Can't be more than a couple of hundred in the UK from July-Sept? Anyway, it's a fantastic example and the engine is one of the best I've had, very smooth and pulls like a train. Looking forward to attending some shows in the coming months. Will take some pics in due course.

Welcome back :)

Look forward to the pics

Edited by Harrier

Look forward to seeing it - if you google about there are lots of different brochures stashed away on line and you may be able to find one that matches.

sounds good, look forward to pictures

do you still own any others?

Just realised I miscounted when I put this post up as I'm now on my 7th!

Hi, no I don't, how cool would that be to have a big garage full of them! My Corrado history is as follows, I'm sure some of them are still about, my second favourite was sold to a guy called John who may still own it - get in touch if you read this John!

Car 1 - Red 16V, (F598ENH), one of the very first. Bought Dec 26th 1993, crashed it 1 week later and discovered it had already been written off not once, but twice before! I wrote it off for the third and hopefully the final time. I was lucky to be alive after I just missed an oncoming car and rolled several times through thick hedgerows into a ploughed field 20 ft below. Was 21 at the time. Luckily was the first car I ever insured fully comp and got a full payout (£5,500 for a 5 year old 16V, seems cheap when you think they were 18k new)

Car 2 - Red 16V, (G425 WDG), nice car. Bought 1995.

Car 3 - Aqua Blue VR6 (94M) Bought for £10k in 2000 from Cardiff VW. 35k miles. Black leather. Guy swapped it for the new TT at the time. Was a mint lovely car. I had a private plate so can't recall the original number unfortunately. Sold 2001 as needed deposit for a house.

Car 4 - Aqua Blue VR6 (M898 PDP). Bought 2004. This is the one sold to John.

Car 5 - Mystic Blue Storm. N5 ELW. Bought and sold in 2006, impulse buy and regretted it but sold for a tidy sum to a dealer.

Car 6 - Aqua Blue VR6 N95 CHK. Beige Leather. Bought 2006 straight after the Storm. Fabulous car which I regret selling to this day. Chap who bought it worked on the rigs in the north sea, hopefully still has it up there in the highlands. I spent a small fortune on it and regularly attended shows. Sold 2011 so this was a long term one for me and I thought the last of my Corrado ownership.

Car 7 - Red VR6 K677 VPH(back to red after 4 blue ones!) Impulse buy once more, wasn't sure how I'd feel getting back into an old VW but I just love it and it drives superbly after all these years. A keeper I hope!

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of my previous ones would be good to know.

I used to have a vr6 with an early dash but late body. Registered early August 92 if memory serves me right. My current vr6 is late interior and exterior and was registered late Dec 92 so they definitely didn't make many early/late combos at all.