Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

nice work sam!! i think we will both have these fitted for edition they are beautiful and yes purely cosmetic not that thats a bad thing weve all spent loads making out cars look better why should the bay be any different!!

what head is that??? it has avery big water outlet on it or am i being silly? looks a bit special

That isn't my engine!!!!!

Apologies that's Blue Joes car in the background of a phot of my mates engine RP were building its a 1.9 G60 with xflow head for a turbo application for a MK1 Jetta.

That'll be in the next week or so when I put on all my stockpile of goodies that are currently residing in my home office!!!

sam what side repeaters do you have cheers andy!

They are just a smoked oval from the local motor factors! I saw them and thought they would suit perfectly!

More problems! Car was due to be back on friday but wasn't finished. Was promised it by monday or tueday but as usual......................

ARP bolts are overstretching apparently so now have to wait for another set, also the rods had to be machined to take a different size pin as JE got the pin size wrong on the pistons and we didn't want to take this amount of time again to get the pistons remade. They didn't make the gap big enough so they have to go off and be done again!!!!

When will this ever get done. I have so much left to do and E38 is creeping up fast. This week I was supposed to get all the stuff fitted, plus plan and measure all the new pipework for the intercooler and be measured up for another item that will have a 2 week lead time.

Likelyhood of me having it ready for e38 are slipping fast!

Should still have it there but not in the guise I wanted it!!!!

It is REALLY doing my head in now. It's been far too long!

And Racepower are complaining about how much it is costing them - Don't complain at me, not my issue - I've had to do without my car for a year!!

And Racepower are complaining about how much it is costing them - Don't complain at me, not my issue - I've had to do without my car for a year!!

The cheeky beggers. You should be complaining to them about how much its costing you!

The cheeky beggers. You should be complaining to them about how much its costing you!

In fairness the work being done now I'm not being charged for! It's all at their expense due to the previosu issues!

mate you've got to make it to E38! It wouldn't be the same without you.. chatting and drinking vodka all night into the wee hours :lol:

Good luck! Just stand over them until they re-build the damn thing.. easier said than done I know! But.... you want it finished! huh!!

Good News!!!!!

Spoke to Jim today and he seemed in a much better mood!!!!

He has recieved a new set of ARP Bolts. They have put in a new set rods as the overstretching arp bolts knackered the last set.

As I sopke to them they were port matching the inlet manifold to the head and then will flow test it all!

Then it's final assembly and testing that all runs ok - finally it will be delivery back to me for when I get home from my surprise holiday to Rome that my missus booked for me!

Blue_Joe, nice one ! how long is the running in period? few laps of around birmingham to do?

enjoy your trip to Rome, wish my missus was as kind :D

Well more news from Racepower!

All the engine components are complete! All clearances and tolereances have been checked and are perfectly spot on!

The car is now completely assembled and is once again a complete car!!!!!!!!!!!

They then went to start it.......................................................

The battery was flat!!!!!!!!

So......... The big day is tomorrow guys!!! I'm nervously excited!!!!!!!

All of my fingers and toes are crossed mate.. drop me a text to let me know how it goes as I wont be on the forum tomorrow / friday!

video the moment!!!!!!i wants to seeeeeeeee

Might be a bit tough as I'm about 200 miles away!!!! Just have to await the phone call - nervracking or what!!!! :pukeleft: