delfinis38

Windows 10

One for the techy guys here... Should I be registering for the free up grade to windows 10 ? Currently on 8.1 or is it 8.2 ? Any pitfalls ?

hi m8

personally I would always wait a couple of months after a new operating system release until upgrading. ive been building PC's etc for about 20 years & always wait a little before moving to new editions

all new software will require a fair few updates in the initial period

this waiting period should also allow for the majority of the early problems to be identified & fixed

however, there are those out there who love to adopt things as soon as they are released

Might as well register for it as they're offering it as a free upgrade for so many users. Should be an improvement of Windows 8.1 :)

Might as well register for it as they're offering it as a free upgrade for so many users. Should be an improvement of Windows 8.1 :)

nothing in life is free Jim ;)

MS cant get their paid for OS right on first release so lord knows what a 'free' upgrade will be like lol

I was on the view that nothing is free in life, I guess they may be a catch... Was there talk of subscription upgrade ? Or are they just taking a leaf out of apples book, assuming if everyone is on the same version diagnosis is much easier.

I was on the view that nothing is free in life, I guess they may be a catch... Was there talk of subscription upgrade ? Or are they just taking a leaf out of apples book, assuming if everyone is on the same version diagnosis is much easier.

I know that with a new laptop/PC Microsoft give a 1 year subscription for free for Office 365

after that initial period it would be required to pay for a subscription to continue using the software, else I believe it would be rendered useless

at a guess I would imagine MS plan the same for Windows 10 - only if after the 'free' period you do not pay to subscribe the entire PC/laptop could potentially be turned into a brick as nothing will work without an operating system

MS have been sneaky m8. they have included the 'upgrade to windows 10' as part of a windows update

thus every MS based PC in the world which runs windows updates will be offered this free upgrade

hmm suspect methinks lol