Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

new Koni`s & H&R`s

Well my gearbox mount had gone a while back anyway, so that one was new. I've not replaced the main rear engine mount yet, but as it's only under compression when the engine is loaded I don't think it's so vital. The front mount is critical, cos it carries all the force of the engine when it's pulling the car forwards.

I've not replaced the main rear engine mount yet, but as it's only under compression when the engine is loaded I don't think it's so vital.

You'd be suprised how much the engine will throw itself forwards under engine braking! :? :o The rear engine mount is NOT just a compression mount, it's as dynamic as the other mounts in the job it has to do...

I'm now looking into a full set of uprated mounts to keep my engine in check after seeing just how much it was moving around in the engine bay on the rollers on its brand new VAG mounts... :crazyeyes: :o

When the rear mount dies, I'll do something about it. I wouldn't be *that* surprised, but there's not too much movement at the mo, so I'll live with it.. :)

As an aside, the Leon Cupra R in Stealth on the rollers last saturday (1.8T - yawn!) - it's engine was bucking like an Agent Provocateur underwear advert under load, so it's not unusual to see a bit of movement.....

For a really solid engine mounting system, do the rear VT aswell and also replace the front cross member bushes with Powerflex ones. The original X-member bushes are *way* too soft.