Dekerf1996

Wide track vs narrow track suspension

Hi,

Fairly new to this corrado game and currently have a 2.0 16v on a 4 stud (93 L reg, if that makes any difference) and an looking for some coilovers for it, however my issue is i am going to widetrack it and engine swap the car over the winter

So what are the differences in the two suspension struts? I really want to get it lowered now, and then keep the suspension on it when i swap everything over

I am getting some coilovers made, which are designed for larger drops and the company has only done one corrado before and they are not 100% on the differences, and neither am I!!! Now i believe one set is like the mk2 Golf, and one is like the mk3 Golf with the wide track (so 16v and VR's) is that correct?

Can i fit the mk3 golf style widetrack ready and if not what will stop it?

Many thanks in advance

Widetrack is all bottom end stuff and the strut/suspension length is the same regardless of narrow or widetrack.

I will say that widetrack in a Corrado is basically a bodge to get the VR to fit.

The top mount positions are designed for the original production car track and the intended handling and turn in at production is the narrow track version - having owned both a wide and narrow track cars at the same time the narrow track gives better steering feel, vastly superior turn in and in turn better cornering.

The real issue you need to address with the suspension is ensuring that the spring and dampers are well matched to one another and that the springs are designed for the weight of the car - given the Corrado is closer to MK 3 Golf in weight I would go with those.