delfinis38

Fuel tank straps

Having a bit of a refurb on the rear. If I remove the 2 tank straps on the drivers side and leave the one on the passenger side on. Is the tank going to drop to one side or will it need supporting. Currently minimal fuel in the tank so it doesn't weigh a lot.

Pop a jack under it with a piece of wood or similar to support it.. It wont come flying off if you don't but best to play it safe..

Have u bought new or doing yours

Doing my own... Advantage that cars not in regular use. So supporting tank for a few weeks while it gets done isn't an issue.

Are they easy to remove, or are all the bolts that hold them in place likely to have turned into a horrible crumbly mess by now?

Have u bought new or doing yours

No longer available,if you use stainless steel bolts,remember they need a smear of lube,I use coppers

Ip

No longer available,if you use stainless steel bolts,remember they need a smear of lube,I use coppers

Ip

Some on eBay at moment.

Okay guys was in a hurry to take straps off without me looking in the Bentley which way round does this clamp go. Curve towards back or front... Thought I might have some dirt marks to see but no.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-MK2-MK3-GOLF-CORRADO-NEW-GENUINE-TANK-STRAP-BRACKET-GTI-8V-16V-VR6-GL-CL-C-/330987802792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d106910a8

Okay answered my own question.... Found picture on the web...

Edited by delfinis38