delfinis38

Whine from passenger rear quarter.

Just noticed a electrical high pitch whine from the passenger rear quarter, when the ignition is on. Any ideas what electrical delights I might find behind the pass rear door card, that might make this noise.. And what's the cure.

It's def something inside the rear pass door card. Would it be anything to do with heated seats.

Edited by delfinis38

I could be wrong , but I doubt it's the heated seats . There's no motor . I have yet to wire mine up , but I'm sure it's just a loom and a relay under the drivers seat , that's what my old 911 set up was anyway . I can't remember from stripping my interior , it was a long time ago , but is the central locking pump situated behind the rear door card ?.

The relays for the heated seats are behind the passenger rear door card, got to be worth a look to see what's going on.

Central locking pump is in the boot, beside the fuel cap, under the rear speaker

Behind the drivers side rear card is the control unit for the central locking/electric windows(I think that's what it does anyway :lol:)

Edited by easypops

The relays for the heated seats are behind the passenger rear door card, got to be worth a look to see what's going on.

Central locking pump is in the boot, beside the fuel cap, under the rear speaker

Behind the drivers side rear card is the control unit for the central locking/electric windows(I think that's what it does anyway :lol:)

A twiddle with the heated seat switch stopped the buzz... Any ideas what's wrong ? Do I need a new relay seats do warm up. Can you buy new relays. Why is it whining. I can't have hot seats all the time to stop the whine.

Whip the rear card off and have a gander at what the culprit could be. Relays are no longer available and apparently like rocking horse poop, but if you're confident with a soldering iron, they can be fixed sometimes if its just a dry joint from age. May just be the relay isn't seated correctly though...............

I new part of it was behind the door card lol . If it stopped when you fiddled with the switch , it maybe worth taking that out and looking at the connection there too ?