maikki

My -91 G60

So here's my -91

Bought it week ago and besides few things it's in ok condition. Engine is chipped, 65mm pulley and sports exhaust which is installed by someone who's retarded and blind

here's interior: drivers seat needs to be refurbished otherwise it's ok. Temperature gauge doesn't work. I already changed black sender but it didn't help so propably needs some electrical work.

WP_20150804_001_zpsmqtzb2fw.jpg

Outside: When bought it had terrible 17" chinatin wheels with LingLongs so it was quite terrible to drive. I have 16" Porsche Flatdiscs but didn't like the look so I bought 195/50 Michelins to Sebrings which I've had few years. Suspension is TA-Technix coilovers and as soon as I get exhaust sorted will lower it few cm. Rear lights were all black and already bought these which look much better, OEM headlights and white blinkers will be installed on Thursday

WP_20150804_003_zpsr9rrusgs.jpg

WP_20150804_002_zpsbqgbfwpp.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Looks lovely!!

What colour is that? Hard to tell from the pictures.. any chance of the paint code / name?

I did think that but wasn't sure if Aqua Blue was a 91 colour? Bit confused :)

It's LC5U Aqua Blue

Needs new paint for front bumper, hood and left wing. Last one who painted it forgot plastic primer so paint is peeling in bumper and clear coat is too soft of hard because it's full of chipmarks like someones shot it with shotgun. My friend will paint those parts in September then I'll polish rest of the car.

Propably first round with Meguiars ultimate compound or Menzerna 3.02 and second round with Meguiars 205 or Evercoat triple gloss. Wax...2 coats Chemical Guys black light and then 1 or 2 coats Dodo Juice Austintacious.

Ball joint, front rubber mounts changed. I also adjusted exhaust. Stabilizers connecting link broke when I opened it...didn't surprise. I didn't change headlights because i ran out of time.

Then I went to get MOT and was told that last owner didn't pay tax. I had to pay tax 19,28€ + 15€ to get MOT. Tomorrow we will lower front 2cm, rear 4cm and align wheels.

Today I managed to drop it about 30mm. I have sinusitis so after that I was soaking in sweath and deathbells were ringing in my ears:bonk:

WP_20150809_001_zpsuarlt78a.jpg

In the back there's my Saab 9-5 Aero...

Drivers seat needs repairing .Upholsterer must do it but I'll paint myself leather parts from seats and steering wheel. I already have Xetec Vector 350.6, Macrom M2S.61 for rear and Macrom M2W.124 subwoofer. I'm thinking Alpine headunit and Rainbow EL-C5.2 for front.

WP_20150809_002_zpsx4brw4g7.jpg

When I opened sunroof it ripped the upholstery...

WP_20150809_003_zpsbymowhwg.jpg

I've done little bit this and that in last two months

Temp gauge started to work after disassebling it and putting it together. Installed stereos. Zetec amplifier had something mixed because front and subchannel filters were somehow mixed. I bought SPL Dynamics S-4005.

I changed water outlets from block and managed to broke g-laders oilline. Managed to buy last one in Finland...of course i could have get one from ebay but I got it next day.

I refurbished steering wheel. Not good but much better than before

WP_20151011_003_zpsgfn5q8ja.jpg

Last weekend I did rear brakes. Luckily I could do it in my friends shop and use induction heater because bolts were so stucked. both calipers were stucked so here's brake pad...quite well used :)

WP_20151011_001_zpsniwsz7ld.jpg

Installing new splash shield was also pita but there wasnt much left from old one

WP_20151011_002_zpstbk3eost.jpg

So refurbished calipers, discs, pads, bearings and brake fluid

Edited by maikki

Here's better picture about steering wheel

WP_20151102_002_zpsofcsygxq.jpg

and new brakes

WP_20151017_001_zpsn6xwpx3b.jpg

and here's winterlook. We already had lastweek -10 celcius and today +10 :scratch: Wheels are from MKIII GT with 5mm spacers. Tyres Studded Bridgestone Noranza2 185/55-15. InPro angel eyes have good lowbeam but high beams are useless so little overkill was needed. NBB 225's with 35w xenons. 3lux light pattern goes as far as 881m and is 75meters wide at 150m. I live up north and reindeer area starts about 40km's from where I live so you really need good lights. We have this saying here:"fits like binoculars for a moose" which is quite right with rado now :p

Waxed with sonax polymer netshield

WP_20151102_001_zpsxrrcv0d2.jpg