Roger Chatfield

Talk to me about speakers

Those look correct for the rears I think - good find! Rear speakers on my VR are shot but was reluctant to replace them because of loom cutting but.. this is a nice elegant solution.

Hahaha! Stop it man, I need to do them as well! Both the rear and fronts sound like robocop's bollox slapping together and I seem to have settled on a rather expensive head unit... that said, I'd love to hear your review. Damn it, I'm in! You gonna bother with the dash speakers?

Got round to replacing my front door speakers with Infinity Kappa 52.9i ones - it was a pretty straightforward swap, no modifications were needed to either the speakers or the car. End results? I'm very impressed - the sound quality is very good considering they're plugged straight into my head unit.

I'd definitely recommend!!

Edited by cmalyan

Got round to replacing my front door speakers with Infinity Kappa 52.9i ones - it was a pretty straightforward swap, no modifications were needed to either the speakers or the car. End results? I'm very impressed - the sound quality is very good considering there plugged straight into my head unit.

I have those up front in the VR too, very nice

match them with some 693.9i's in the rear & the clarity & output is awesome ;)

Got round to replacing my front door speakers with Infinity Kappa 52.9i ones - it was a pretty straightforward swap, no modifications were needed to either the speakers or the car. End results? I'm very impressed - the sound quality is very good considering there plugged straight into my head unit.

That really is good to hear, thanks mate. 65 queen heads off Amazon seems pretty tasty.

If I had £60 or so pounds to buy a 2 way speaker, I'd find an extra £20 and buy some components as this really lifts the sound stage.

As for mounting the tweeters, hole saw the originals like I did with the Hertz set.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82613[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82614[/ATTACH]

I did similar but made the same shape out of MDF which I eventually changed to black plastic. and mounted the tweeter on a U shaped bit of bent aluminium from behind.

As for mounting the tweeters, hole saw the originals like I did with the Hertz set.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82613[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82614[/ATTACH]

Is that into the dash speaker mounting?

I've never had them apart.

Could you mount a full range speaker in the space as a direct replacement?

Is that into the dash speaker mounting?

I've never had them apart.

Could you mount a full range speaker in the space as a direct replacement?

you could but it'd be tiny and doubt would sound as good as a set of components