C5 OEM

Running fault

So 95 vr6 that is running rough on 4 cylinders, plugs leads and coilpack said to have been checked and ok.... would any faults show up on a scan...? could it be a faulty ecu....?

I'd check all the leads are seated correctly on the plugs and double check they are in the correct order on the coil pack before looking any further. I guess you've not had a look at it yourself then?

Being a later car , it will show more faults than , say a 92 , like mine . Worth scanning it and seeing what comes up . I would have thought it would have been the leads or the coil pack myself . I can't understand why the ECU would only tell it to fire on four cylinders ? . My bet is there has to be a fault in the coil pack or the leads . If it's firing on four , there must be a fault from the king lead down the line ,at the coil pack or the leads. It's worth changing them both over just to eliminate them both .

These were my thoughts exactly and having spoke to others its a slim chance the ecu would cause this fault...? any more opinions on ecu fault codes...?

You'll need to get VCDS or VAG.com on it and scan - PM me if you need to troubleshoot the ECU, I have some detailed instructions but they are in German! If you can talk to the ECU at all it's not likely to be at fault - more likely to be wiring or dirty connections. I'd check that you are getting a spark at each lead first, then the lead to the coil pack, and then back to the ignition control module.