easypops

Storm cream leather and gliptone dye

2 hours ago, fla said:

thank for that.  That was Furniture Clinic was it?  I'll definitely give them a call.

Now that is an impressive result!  Funnily enough, i have the same diagonal crease on the second strip on the base panel on my car too. How long did that take, roughly?

Hasan

Not Furniture Clinic, it’s Gliptone (Liquid Leather).

As for time, it was done over a weekend, I had to re glue all the door cards as the leather was loose most of the way round. I used contact glue for that. Then scrubbed the seats with various lotions and potions, but soapy water and a sponge/cloth will do that. Then a clean all over with isopropyl, then 3 coats of dye applied with a sponge and a small brush. It was pretty easy and very forgiving and dried fast . All done outside as the weather was decent. Once it had a day to dry properly I went over it with conditioner 

3 hours ago, fla said:

thank for that.  That was Furniture Clinic was it?  I'll definitely give them a call.

Hasan

no m8, gliptone with their range

I used the furniture clinic kit first time round. It never quite sealed properly and after a long drive, fibres from my clothes would be stuck to the seat and need cleaning off. I re-did it with the gliptone kit which is an all in one (as opposed to separate dye and sealer from furniture clinic) and it was perfect. If you've got access to a craft spray gun it'll go on really well too. I had to use a thinner and re-do a couple of bits when done with the sponge applicators. More my fault for probably putting it on too thick, but it can be done either way. I just found the gun method more consistent, easier and quicker to apply.

Useful notes guys, appreciated. Gliptone it is then. Is it generally quite easy or are there any areas to be aware of?

On 7/1/2022 at 10:39 PM, fla said:

Useful notes guys, appreciated. Gliptone it is then. Is it generally quite easy or are there any areas to be aware of?

Use a hair dryer or heat gun on low especially in the folds and between the base or back and bolsters Hasan. Keep it spread apart whilst applying heat as they can stick together and leave a slightly clumpy line otherwise. Remove the seat from the car, remove the plastic lower trim and tilt handle surround, mask off any other plastic bits and away you go. Try to lay it on as thin as possible on the stitching too but otherwise it's pretty easy to do and makes a huge difference. 👍

Good advice Sean, thanks. It's these little tips that make the difference between an average and good finish