MZpog

AP coilovers fitted in place of cheapo's (free to good home)

Dropped some AP's on the valver over the weekend in place of the cheapo coilovers that were fitted.

Noticed when fitting that the new top mounts were slightly different shaped to ones I removed - not sure why but all fitted ok.

Initial testing confirmed a much better ride over bumps, seemed firm but not as firm as the ones removed. This morning was my first "test" on a country road and I must say they seemed a lot better than before, although I noticed a bit of understeer (possibly because it was damp or maybe because the front needs dropping 20mm to sit where it was).

Tonight will see me test them again on the rippled corner that drove me to get better shocks.

The cheapo's removed need a good clean and have badly rusted springs and whilst they could clean/paint up I can't be bothered so will offer them FOC to anyone who wants to collect them.

Edited by MZpog

Bumpy/rippled corner tested and well happy with the AP's. Less skipping and more gripping. :)

No takers on the freebies then?

fitted ap to mine they seem ok,i binned my old coilovers

Think I'm gonna do the same with mine as nobody wants em.

I've koni shocks on mine they are stiff but not as bad as cheap coils I've had in other cars tho they aren't adjustable I just have 40m lowering springs they used to be 60m but went to mot and found 3 where broke and 1 was shattered (really old springs) so decided to raise the car a little save the splitter on the speed bumps