RFvr6

Can't get in! Door not unlocking

Some help here would be much appreciated! Really struggling now:'''(

I know its a lot of reading but I'm hoping someone has been in the same situation.

Got myself a corrado vr6 about a week ago, the interior light wasn't working so I was fiddling about with the passengers side door sensor, I unscrewed it to make sure the wires were connected to the sensor and it turns out they werent so I clipped them on and the windows started going up automatically and I could hear the locking pump making noise(I do believe this could just be a coincidence because am I right in saying that if you unlock the car but don't open the drivers door then it automatically locks itself up again)...I could be wrong but I don't want to miss anything out.. I panic and pull the connectors off it again. Anyway , i stupidly closed the passenger door then realised i was locked out. I had a look online and done the usual remove the window seal and pick about and try and unlock the latch, anyway I got in and checked it out. The usual fault with the striker isn't an issue. The striker is intact and I can open the door fine when the latch is unlocked. I remove the pump actuator from the latch and find the latch is working fine, its opening and closing fine and its also locked and unlocked fine using the key. So long story short to get it working again I had to twist the rod on the pump actuator out a bit as it wasn't moving far down enough to activate the pump. (I did notice the white plastic head that connects onto the latch side was broken and was held on by wrapping some thing wire round it, although there still is a bit of play in the head and it swings a bit. I don't know if they have to be stiff solid to work or if it doesn't matter...) Anyway I attach the rod back onto the latch and everything works fine. The central locking activates and de-activated. Happy days

So I go out to my car just now and the same thing has happened again. I TURN THE KEY AND HEAR THE LOCKING PUMP BUT NONE OF THE DOORS UNLOCK. If I hold the key in the open position the pump just keeps going blast after blast. I try the usual trick and move the latch with a bit of copper rod but it just does the same thing as turning the key does... Raging

SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS...

How can i get into the car..

And well I'm guessing the actuator rod needs adjusting again. And if the plastic head that connects to the latch has to be stiff to the rod or if it can swing.. I don't know what they are meant to be like as I have never seen one..

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks for taking the time if you have read this. My fingers now hurt..

Ross over and out.

Sorry to hear of yours troubles . I can't help with getting into the car , I'm sure someone will help though and come up with the answer . What I can help with is info on the plastic parts which join the metal roads together . Yes they have to be intact . It looks like someone has done a quick fix ! . These are still available from TPS . They are cheap , so good news there . They are sided , one black , the other is white . Sorry I can't be of any more help .

Sorry to hear of yours troubles . I can't help with getting into the car , I'm sure someone will help though and come up with the answer . What I can help with is info on the plastic parts which join the metal roads together . Yes they have to be intact . It looks like someone has done a quick fix ! . These are still available from TPS . They are cheap , so good news there . They are sided , one black , the other is white . Sorry I can't be of any more help .

Thanks for the reply! Thats good to hear anyway. Im guessing I have to just wait till the battery dies or the pump blows up so It let's me open it manually again.

You could remove the grill and pull the bonnet cable to release the bonnet and the disconnect the battery . Don't go trying to twist or adjust the rod from the pump , it will be out of line , when you fit the new plastic connector .

Finally got in! Managed to pop the pump actuator off the door lock then the latch opened up manually with the key,

every time I tried with the pump rod attached to the latch it pulled the latch closed as soon as I tried to unlock it. So I'm guessing I will need to set up the rod length properly by screwing it in or out a bit

Thanks for the reply guys, couldn't get into the boot because that was locked aswel, I think the idea about the bonnet would of been the next option. I appreciate your interest this is my first post I'm new to the forum. Think I'll spend a bit more time on here

Thanks for the reply guys, couldn't get into the boot because that was locked aswel, I think the idea about the bonnet would of been the next option. I appreciate your interest this is my first post I'm new to the forum. Think I'll spend a bit more time on here

generally mate people are always here to help

just been out again, think I have finally found the problem now for anyone that comes across this threat with the same situation,

when I try to pull up the actuator in the drivers door with my hand it fights against me and pulls itself back down, even when it isn't attached to anything it would let me pull it up,.. now it's just to find out why it's doing that, if it's just a case of a faulty actuator or if it's the pump.. or air leak or something, now it's time to scan the Web and see if anyone has had the same problem88ff5d937694276149cb60a3b96ff1d0.jpg

The pump rod will be at the correct adjustment . It's because of the wire attached to the broken plastic link , that it's playing up . The plastic part is a bit fiddly to fit , just a bit of patience needed .

Isn't there something about having the rods on the locked position before attaching to the actuator, or it can end up pumping from the wrong point? I'm sure it says something about that in the Bentley manual (that's at home though and I'm at work)

FINALLY.. I have found what the problem is, - The lock actuator/solenoid in the door is playing up, I turn the key to pull it up and switch it into the 'open' position but it doesn't like that for some reason and pulls itself back down again. (I head the pump in the boot working while it does this)

SO.. even with the actuator pulled away from the latch I stick my hand inside the door and pull the rod up manually but it still does the same thing and pulls itself back down..

Now to find out why its doing this.. is anyone had this problem before with the actuator, I don't know if its just a faulty unit or if it has something to do with the air feed or wiring.

For now I can only get into my drivers door as actuator wont let me open the others. I could try breaking into the passenger side and try swapping the actuators to help narrow down the problem? but im not sure how hard it is to swap over the air lines, I don't want to make any leaks.

Sorry havn't read the full thread but heres my experience, I've had this issue before but I'm afraid it was some time ago so can't remember exactly what it was, it was either wiring to the door handle or the central locking piping. I wouldn't say its the actuator, have you tried turning the key in the lock and getting someone else to try open the passenger door from inside or out? It sounds like its opening slightly then closing which could point to a bad earth or a hole in the central locking pipe (which happened on mine).

Try getting to the 3 pin plug in the bottom of your door, unplugging it and crossing the earth and another wire, 1 opens and 1 closes it, if that works happily its your door handle if not look towards piping. Try listening out for air leaks along door shut, my pipe had completely corroded.

As I mentioned above, is everything in the locked position before connecting it all together, sounds like something is out of sync of where it thinks it is.

Thanks for all the help guys, I went out to have a look after seeing the comments about the lock position etc. for some reason the actuator decided it wanted to move now, so I pulled the rod upwards and it worked fine and unlocked the boot and passengers door.. So, i think i have finally found the reason for the fault, I unscrewed the interior light sensor on the passengers door, only 1 wire out of 2 was connected to the unit, i just disconnected it altogether and everythings working as it should now. The whole thing started playing up when i was first playing about with it to try and fix the interior light but i didn't think anything of it as i cant see how they would really be connected. Now im just hoping that's the last i see of that problem and i can start working on other things. It might just be a coincidence that its decided to work now but i will worry about that if the time comes, Thanks for the interest guys and gals