RFvr6

Relay pin numbers/letters

I do apologise if this is in the wrong sub-forum, I'm fairly new here.. and I'm sorry if this have been mentioned before but I had a good look through and couldn't find anything

Anyway, my heated seats arnt working, one relay was making no noise and the other was buzzing intermittently.

I really don't have any clue about relays/electrics, the first thing I'm going to do is test the relays to make sure they are working fine before testing wiring and switches.

I have the help of someone who is fairly clued up but he would like to know what the letters on relay pins mean (P , H and T) there is also the usual 86,15 and 31. and also if there is any wiring diagrams for the heated seats available somewhere.

thanks in advance!

4fe13a43a3201e5ff1da969df74beddb.jpg

244c1bc6f14d6def2dd34e1920eb071a.jpg

What relay number is it? Relays are generally cheap to replace, so could be worth a shot. If you want to test it you'll need the wiring diagrams to find out what's what. I have diagrams for the 1993 VR I can send you if you want to PM me your email address - some of them are in German though! And they are not fun to read and trace, so it might be easier just to replace the relay as a first port of call. Maybe someone on here can even lend you a known working one for a test. Did you check that you are getting current through the loom to the seats? It's more likely to be a break in the wiring somewhere.

thanks for the reply! the relay number is 59, I think I might just replace it then, Al have a look around, Al just stay away for second hand parts incase I get supplied with a faulty one,

if anyone has a working relay for sale PM me please

al get back to you about the diagrams if I can find a replacement relay, I know a mechanic that speaks German so I'm sorted that way!