Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

MOCAL OIL COOLER...help

Hello all

Just got my Mocal oil cooler and have tried fitting it today to my VR this is an arse of a job to get to the water/oil cooler in the first place !

Thing is this kit wont fit unless I get rid of the water/oil cooler join up the water pipes that run into cooler and fit another filter to blank the end the new adapter plate making two filters !!

I'm doubt this kit is right for the job !!?

Has any body got a pic of an cooler kit?

Thanks For the help

looks the same as the kit i have ready to go on.....someone sent me a link with a how to fit instruction sheet, but I cant find the link now...arrrhhh!

Heres a pic of my kit for reference

just had a good look at all the pics and the are using a new cover plate, I had assumed that the original is used with the Mocal kit.. Not sure where to go from here for more info.

Hopefully someone will ba at stealth tomorrow with a VR with kit fitted, will also ask Vince.

Just going to have to phone them on Monday,the kit will not fit on with stock oil cooler.. :mad:

brookesy, Dont fit yours yet its the same as mine,youll be waisting your time :(

Cheers for the info :D

You need to lose those prefab hoses and get a free length of hose and some seperated ends and make up your own lengths.

C goes with D and replaces the factory end cap. F is to use with the factory end cap if it's threaded extension can be seperated, and therefore C won't be needed. Some are moulded one peice items, others can be seperated, so ThinkAuto give you both options.

I would always get Vince at Stealth to order these kits as he always gets the right stuff for us. ThinkAuto always cock it up if you ring them directly.

K

They don't. In fact, C and D are custom made, so the order needs to come from Vince to ensure ThinkAuto get it right!

Spoke to Vince yesterday, it seems that think automotive havent a clue when it comes to the VR6 Corrado, he has supplied me with the missing bits (see attached). Now going to send the pipes and adaptor bar back to thinkauto and get them to supply me with 5M of tubing and the end adapters. Pain in the ar5e. Once I get chance to do the job i'll post a how too with pics.

ThinkAuto's application knowledge is astounding :roll:

Those bits pictured above are custom made and are what is causing the head scratching at TA.

The whole shabang including a few metres of high pressure rubber hose (don't use goodridge hosing, it chaffs things away) comes to over £200 IIRC.

K

I've just bought a mocal but its just the heat exchanger. where can I get the rest of the bits as per kevhaywire, s pics earlier? Installation guide then chaps please? Can see it being too hard, although location may be tricky as I've got aircon too. Any suggestions? Thanx all.

Any ideas then gentlemen re the additional parts required for the mocal?

Fla, you need:-

1 x sandwich plate with thermostat

2 x O ring

1 x hollow extension bar

1 x end cap

2 x 90 degree unions

2 x straight unions

2 or 3 metres of high pressure rubber hose

This should all come in the VR6 fitting kit....

1 x sandwich plate with thermostat

2 x O ring

1 x hollow extension bar

1 x end cap

2 x 90 degree unions

2 x straight unions

2 or 3 metres of high pressure rubber hose

OK thanks for that. Presumably Stealth will have all these items then, or are they available elsewhere?

Thats one huge cooler lol mine is tiny compared to that.. but then again I do still see 100 degree temps, so may follow you..

Whats the spec of that one?

Now going to send the pipes and adaptor bar back to thinkauto and get them to supply me with 5M of tubing and the end adapters. Pain in the ar5e. Once I get chance to do the job i'll post a how too with pics.

You won't need 5M of pipe. Unless you are putting it on the back seat...:lol:

I only needed 1.5 on my G60.

I had a 16 row 230mm one on the Golf. Oil temps usually in the late 70s on the motorway at 80. Only saw anything higher following a burst of acceleration or on a track. At the track it'd still creep up to 120 but dropped off in a couple of hundred yards when you came off the gas.

You need to see 100 degrees really to unsure getting rid of moisture in the engine. I thought that mine was too big TBH, a 10 row would have plenty big enough.

Gavin

You won't need 5M of pipe. Unless you are putting it on the back seat...:lol:

Gavin

:lol: