dalhalvaig

Sterling/Toad immobiliser failed - need Auto-electrician

Hi

The Sterling/Toad immobi on my VR6 has failed in that it is keeping the car immobilised.

Have had the RAC out a couple of times and on both occasions we have finally got the car started, but then within a day or so the immobiliser won't respond to the fob/key thing. Been intermittently working since first fail in May, but now won't respond at all so want to get someone who knows what they are doing to either figure out what is wrong and hopefully fix, or to remove it.

So can anyone recommend an auto-electrician who could come to the car in the North Glasgow area, as obviously I can't drive it to anyone.

Looking for someone who can either figure out what is wrong or remove it returning it to non-immobiliser state.

Thanks in advance

D

I've got the name of the guy who fitted the Toad on both my corrados, I'll dig it out tonight and text you it mate , fingers crossed he's still doing it......he's mobile too btw :)

Yes...Spare Transponder, reset the immobi with the PIN, battery disconnect and system discharge, battery recharge, new battery....

I did wonder if the car battery was loosing charge and didn't have enough current to satisfy the immobi, but a new battery didn't solve.

It did seem to respond to a good drive, so if I had driven the car for 30 mins or so the evening before, then it would probably start in the morning.

but to be honest it doesn't seem to follow a regular pattern or sequence, and that's why I think that it is some intermittent fault.

Thanks for suggesting

D

Hi David,

The Toad fitter I have used is

Empirical auto electrics

Unit 4 , hunter road

Rutherglen

G73 1LB

0800 956 7488

0141 647 0115

Fairly sure his name is dougie but not 100%