Cressa

VR front brake shield

10[img]/01/f09ab5cf8fe036d204597b6e204b5d77.jpg[/img]

I've got most of the drive train off and am sourcing parts. The picture is of a brake shield 3A0 615 312. Apparently now obsolete from vw. I got this as a last one from veedubmachine.

I'm trying to source the left hand side one 3A0 615 311. I've tried lots of places without any luck.

Before I fit this one to my car, would it be worth a template being made... I don't want to be selfish and fit the last one and we lose this opportunity.

On the other hand, if someone knows of a supplier already, could you pass the info on to me.

I was originally supplied two w357 615 311a shields by vw but they don't fit my VR, so if you need some and they're for your car, give me a shout

They just don't line up with the bolt holes of the hub... And some of the pressings are different

I've bought the front and rears from dub machine and Heritage in the last few months . I have not tried them yet as I'm slowly buying new parts for the whole of the underside . I'm worried now that they won't fit .

I was very disappointed with vw in what they first supplied. even more so gutted that the correct parts are obsolete. i've tried contacting vw suppliers in the states but no one replies.

hence if we cant find others, perhaps someone templating this one would be good

Right , so the VW doesn't fit and the Dubmachine part does ? . My receipts are a mess ATM , as far as I'm aware I bought the fronts from Dubmachine . These have a VW AUDI stamp on them , not very clear , but it's there . The rears I'm not sure where they came from , but these have the genuine stickers on them .Are the early parts different , because of the non abs .

Edited by robrado974

None of mine have any stamping on them. Just stickers. I took them off and gave them an extra coating of black smoothrite paint b4 fitting. I could check my receipt for it's part of the number. As for the fronts...do you have a part number on them?

Ok . I'm confused as the link , you put up does not work for me . Which parts are you trying to find , the front or rears ? . My fronts just have a stamp , no part no . The rears are oem , part no 191-615-612-B .

I'm after the other side, 3A0 615 311 to go with this one. Apparently both of these are obsolete now

Don't know where you've got that original part number from? 3A0615312 isn't for corrados, it's from a passat. Is it normal brakes on your VR? if so, all the corrados have the same front brake splash shields, which are 357615311A. From what I remember when doing them on mine, they don't look like they should fit (because of how the holes and mouldings line up) but they definitely do! I vaguely remember that they don't go on 'straight', they're angled slightly.

They'll sit only slightly out from the disc (a few mm out from the edge), so if it helps, put the disc on without a shield, then work out where they would sit - find one mounting hole and then use that as a pivot point to work out the other one, it might not be the same position on the shield as the other one).

This picture should show the rough orientation of the shield, in case it helps - http://www.partscats.info/volkswagen/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=vw&number=1542&set=1546&ein=1992&f=76&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=6&grf=008830084&bf=118&hgug=615&ug=15&parent_id=381567

They do. They're exactly the same on all corrados.

Try using one of the holes nearest the edge, and one of the ones nearer the centre (on the raised 'lump' thing)

Hmm, someones put passat splash shields on in the past at some point. No idea why, maybe they offer slightly more protection?

Anyway, those other ones definitely do fit.

cab492abb4752959a529a83fe5f3ce6c.jpg

Difficult to see, but this is the obsolete one, and it's holes fit perfectly, even for the raised lug

These look identical to mine . Is it just the camera angle or does the right of the v shape look different to the left on yours . The angles on mine are semectrical on mine . Not that I'm disputing Dave , he is in the trade and knows what he is talking about . The angle just looks odd .

I've looked at the link posted above. It states for item 10 on an ABV engine car that 3A0615312 and 3A0615311 are the items. Or am I reading it wrong! . Where did you get your fronts from?

Nah, I can see that.

I'm not saying those obsolete passat ones dont fit, I'm just saying that when it left the factory, it had the other ones.

Wait. I figured it out. the 3A0 number was also used on the Mk3 golf (which the VR6 uses the running gear of). Incidentally, the steering knuckle / hub carrier is straight from a 1H golf (Mk3) so chances are it's been changed at some point.

If you want to use the corrado ones, try using the middle hole in that picture above and the one on the right of the picture, that should do it.

Heritage has the left hand one for a mk3 golf (with 293mm discs) in stock, which looks similar to those passat ones (https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/mk3-golf/191615311A/brake-disc-backing-plate-front-left-mk2-golf-jetta-239mm-d/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1)

I've looked at the link posted above. It states for item 10 on an ABV engine car that 3A0615312 and 3A0615311 are the items. Or am I reading it wrong! . Where did you get your fronts from?

HOW DID I MISS THAT?! god, I'm so sorry. you're right, sadly I'm used to the newer cars where it blanks out all the un-used items on a car.

You're right, the 3A0 numbers are used on the VR6. the closest things would be the mk3 golf ones I just linked.

Thanks for looking. Atleast I know what I'm definitely looking for. I've tried the other splash shields and it just doesn't quite line up. I'm sure with some slight drilling and cutting I could make it happen, but I would like to find the 311 part, until I give up the search

My fronts came from Dubmachine .

When you say dubmachine, is that veedubmachine? As I can't find anything else on Google. If it is them, that's where I got this one from. Seems we may have got the last ones. You a complete pair luckily