twinny

Sill repair panels

Does anybody know anybody who sells replacement sill panels for both sides? Can't seem to find anywhere that does them

Thanks in advance

If you message Anna on here she can arrange delivery of parts from classic parts. Saves on postage as said. Think the sill sections are about £40-50 each side. I have one spare i bought and didn't use.

They do take most of the 5 weeks to be delivered though, so I'd order in advance of needing them. Held me up a bit waiting for them.

Can you post a picture of the sill? The corrado one is spot welded in umpteen places and is a pita to remove.

Does anybody know if these are still available?

From what I can see both are now obsolete .

On heritage they have outer sill repair panels both sides but are listed the same as a golf MK 2 I have some at home they go about half way back on the floor pan not sure how good they are but I guess it’s something for your body shop to work with . I have two rust spots just under the a pillar underside of car so hope these will rectify that . Think your issues are the Rocker covers under the front door ?

Edited by Keyo

Do you have a link for them? I'm going to tackle the repair myself over the winter, then probably put it to body shop to get the paint sorted. I have a small hole at the back end of each sill. Not cleaned the area up yet, but I'm hopefull I won't need to replace more than a few inches at the very end of the sills.

I should try making the panels myself, but would be a lot easier if I had a repair panel to cut out what's needed.

From what I can see both are now obsolete .

On heritage they have outer sill repair panels both sides but are listed the same as a golf MK 2 I have some at home they go about half way back on the floor pan not sure how good they are but I guess it’s something for your body shop to work with . I have two rust spots just under the a pillar underside of car so hope these will rectify that . Think your issues are the Rocker covers under the front door ?

Do you know if the MK2 sill has the same profile as the raddo? Might get the profiler thing I have for tiling and go find a MK2 golf to measure the radius on sill to compare to the raddo...

Not sure I'm just going to give the repair panels to my body shop and if they are no good they will have to make something up and Ill have some spares for my MK2 golf. I cannot see anything else on the market for a repair panel for that area.

I believe the Corrado has the same floor panel and lip that rises but I think you need the panels that are on the outside of these ??

Floor panel same for below models

Corrado (09/88 - 07/95)

position 2 at drawing 2

Golf 2 Rallye (08/89 - 07/91)

similar to position 2 at drawing 1

Golf 2 Syncro (08/85 - 07/91)

Golf Country (08/90 - 07/91)

Jetta 2 syncro (08/85 - 07/91)

https://www.vwheritage.com/191803207a-left-floor-pan-outer-edge-vw-spare

https://www.vwheritage.com/191803208a-right-floor-pan-outer-edge-vw-spare

The thing is a Rado has two panels on the outside of the edge of the floor panel so not sure these will be any good to you..??

To be honest chap 90 % sure it will not have the same profile as a golf, you'll need to cut out from a breaker or someone that can fabricate the sill, the A pillar part of the sill that meets the wing is still available for one side, the whole sill panel is made up of the A pillar sill, the part that is obsolete and the rear quarter.

Not sure I'm just going to give the repair panels to my body shop and if they are no good they will have to make something up and Ill have some spares for my MK2 golf. I cannot see anything else on the market for a repair panel for that area.

I believe the Corrado has the same floor panel and lip that rises but I think you need the panels that are on the outside of these ??

Floor panel same for below models

Corrado (09/88 - 07/95)

position 2 at drawing 2

Golf 2 Rallye (08/89 - 07/91)

Golf 2 Syncro (08/85 - 07/91)

Golf Country (08/90 - 07/91)

Jetta 2 syncro (08/85 - 07/91)

https://www.vwheritage.com/191803207a-left-floor-pan-outer-edge-vw-spare

https://www.vwheritage.com/191803208a-right-floor-pan-outer-edge-vw-spare

The thing is a Rado has two panels on the outside of the edge of the floor panel so not sure these will be any good to you..??

They're the inner sill panels in your attached links I think, which basically fit the MK2 Golf, but should fit the Corrado also. The main floor panels do fit the Corrado as well, but may need very slight fabrication as the Corrado floor pan was based on the MK2 Golf, but will differ in very small areas, hence slight fabrication.

Unfortunately the outer sill panels have been obsolete for a while now, I think the left side one was only available up until very recently.

Left outer sill for Corrado 1989 to 1995

Part number 535 809 847 Obsolete

Right outer sill for Corrado 1989 to 1995

Part number 535 809 848 Obsolete

Hope this helps

Si

Such a shame you cant post pics on here, it's getting pretty difficult to communicate without them or for members to show their restoration work to give others inspiration or ideas.

Thanks for the replies. The knowledge on this forum is superb.

https://www.tarostrade.com/body-parts/vw-corrado-1991-1995#menu

Found this whilst browsing for parts. Not sure if it inner or outer sill, or what it is...

Might be worth a punt.

I am thinking that repairing these wee bits will be my first attempt at shaping panels.

That looks promising looks like the right shape and if not correct maybe something you could make work with a bit of hokery pokery.

Edited by Keyo

Don't appear to be sided, which seems odd. I've ordered 1, hopefully it will be the right shape to make a couple of repair section

Don't appear to be sided, which seems odd. I've ordered 1, hopefully it will be the right shape to make a couple of repair section

What you might find is that there is more work to be done underneath, the drain holes are behind that area of the rocker covers , so you may well need the outer floor panels but at least they are available thanks to the Golf MK2.

Biggest issue is the flare where it joins the rear wheel arch when getting aftermarket sills to fit.

What you might find is that there is more work to be done underneath, the drain holes are behind that area of the rocker covers , so you may well need the outer floor panels but at least they are available thanks to the Golf MK2.

I'm hoping the rest will clean up. Had a good poke around when I got the car 6 months ago, and the spots on the sills are the only bits I picked up on. After I put mot on it, I poked at them pretty hard, and they need sorting now, although not bad enough for mot fail, want to sort it just now before it gets worse.

At the same time I do this repair, I'll probly drop the tank and rear beam. Give the underside a good clean up and wax oil. New bushes and paint rear beam, and a set of coil overs.

No doubt there will be other bits that will need attention when I start digging. Gives me a reason to buy some new equipment for the man cave.

Just wondered if the Taros sill repair panel turned up and if they are worth buying...?? both sides could do with replacing on mine...!!

It's been delivered, but I've not looked at it yet, as I've been working away. I'll update once I've looked at it.