Jim

VR6 Throttle Body Gasket

Just been speaking to my friendly local VW dealer and found that the throttle body gasket (021 133 073C) is now obsolete / dropped without replacement. However the Golf VR6 one (021 133 073D) seems to be available still - and from what I can see doesn't look any different? Does anyone know any different or should it be OK?

Thanks.

Hm. I guess that would have to do as a solution. To be fair I don't think there's anything wrong with the old gasket but just as I'm going to be talking it all apart I thought I should replace it.

Just can't understand how the Golf one would differ massively from the Corrado one given it's basically the same engine. Though did they do the Golf VR6 with OBDI or were they all OBDII ?

That said - a genuine one is listed at nearly £20 on eBay... vs £3.19 for a small stack of gasket paper. Think we have a winner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GASKET-PAPER-OIL-AND-WATER-RESISTANT-5-X-A4-SHEETS-ASSORTED-THICKNESS-/171740257453?hash=item27fc845cad

Cheers.

Jim, because I like you and I'm an incredibly nice chap, I'm going to dig out the spare gasket I have in the garage.... just for you!

Hmmm - must have a look at the new one I got from VW a while back - must have been appreciating quietly in value - I'll be damned if I can find it though! Will have to do my injectors then.

The golf vr6 gasket IS different I can confirm. The holes on the golf gasket don't line up with the Corrado throttle body . I ended up using gasket paper.