delfinis38

Advice on selling a car.

I have three months to sell private or I will be trading in at a silly price...

It's a 14 plate BMW 420i coupe. VW have offered 20k for it was hoping for a bit more.

Was thinking pistonheads... Anybody had experience of webuyanycar ?

Any other alternatives.

I guess it depends on whether you want to put up with the usual guff you have to put up with if you go down the pistonheads/autotrader route.

My wife went through We Buy any Car years ago when she was selling her TT and compared to private sales they offered buttons. But that was a long time ago when they still used that god awful tune on their TV adverts! I believe they are less cheeky now and have local offices to view and confirm condition if your happy with the valuation.

How did you find the 4 series? It was newly out when we were changing and had it not been for the wee one, would have been a serious consideration.

What you getting from VW if you don't mind me asking?

Dougie

Edited by corrado wannabe
just saw the three months

I have heard a good amount of positive things about WBAC - ultimately it doesn't cost anything to get an initial valuation and to make an appointment to go and see them so.. reckon it has to be worth a punt!

Use WBAC as a last resort unless they give you a good valuation upfront. They will try chip away some more when it comes to the inspection but you can walk away at any point. I did it with one car as it was better for me overall and the valuation was actually quite good compared to trade price.

Other than that ebay, gumtree etc seem to be the best Ive found. Ebay you can do a classified add for 28 days for about £13 and what tends to happen is people will contact you and then you do the deal privately. Ive sold about half a dozen cars that way.

Use WBAC as a last resort unless they give you a good valuation upfront. They will try chip away some more when it comes to the inspection but you can walk away at any point. I did it with one car as it was better for me overall and the valuation was actually quite good compared to trade price.

Other than that ebay, gumtree etc seem to be the best Ive found. Ebay you can do a classified add for 28 days for about £13 and what tends to happen is people will contact you and then you do the deal privately. Ive sold about half a dozen cars that way.

Thanks for the advice so far... 4 series is a great car, big corrado really. Was hoping the other half would drive it but it's too big she says. lovely engine and gearbox, only complaint is it's not practical for what I use it for. 2 big doors, so car parks are a pain for opening doors and the boot aperture is too small to get anything in initially but the space is huge. Taking passengers in the rear I get complaints...

Im buying one of those sporty golf thingies.

Edited by delfinis38

What Ive found is also trying to sell anything more than say about £15k privately is quite hard even with cars that shouldn't be easier to sell.

There was another site I found that was basically like WBAC but open to trade and I got quite a few good offers through it. That was a few years back.

Try places like this as well as they offered me decent money for my S4. http://www.revitupuk.com/

Good luck is all I can say, I've had a total nightmare selling our B8 A4 QUattro Avant, great car and great spec and priced to sell at £13750ono originally.

Eventually took £12.5 as I couldn't be bothered with any more timewasting A holes that seem to have nothing better to do with thier lives.

I did try WBAC, offered £11625

Is it a Golf R your going for?

No not an r but it was on the tick list... Golf gti in night blue dsg with sunroof and performance kit. You get a few more bhp over standard and bigger brakes and a few other extras...

I liked the gti styling better than the r... Lots of mk1 styling bits... Red line round the front bumper cheque seats wheels...

Did you go for the Teflon coating on the paintwork... Sales bloke says I'd never have to clean it.... Not sure on that