delfinis38

Vulcan flying again this weekend..

I was never into planes or really heard of the vulcan, but after Chris Gaskell on here passed away i signed up to the vulcan trust and sold quite a few of the raffle tickets around work, Also bought the calendar, keyrings, mugs etc.

I now have some corrado/vulcan connection and think about it each time i hear the vulcan mentioned.

We need to set up a 20 Corrado salute...

Dammit it's gonna be cloudy round our way this weekend.. :(

Great airplane the Vulcan . Chris Gaskell , that chap was a genius with the Corrado electrics . Never met him , but he emailed me so much info , when I could not figure out my starting problems .

Great airplane the Vulcan . Chris Gaskell , that chap was a genius with the Corrado electrics . Never met him , but he emailed me so much info , when I could not figure out my starting problems .

Yup one of the reasons that prompted me to post.... Seen it a few times this year last time at Bournmouth air show.

I'll prob make my way over to either woodford or manchester airport. Saw it earlier on this year so sad to see it be grounded but thats life.

I saw it in the summer in the South Wales airshow. It looks superb but the sound it made was unforgettable!

Anyone worked out takeoff time yet for both dates ?

No me either i think they are worried about people going over to doncaster to watch it take off so are keeping quiet about times.

They are actively telling people NOT to go to Doncaster to watch the launch..

The website may not handle the load this weekend.. There's an Android/iOS app too, I have yet to check that out.

Flew directly over mine and my dads heads brilliant sight.

great stuff. where did you see the Vulcan... was it low overhead and on time.... hope to see it in the south tomorrow.

Yeah a low flypast saw it as it exited Manchester airport airspace and headed to woodford. It was pretty much ontime slightly earlier than scheduled if anything. Second time ive seen her this year hopefully the weather holds up for you tomorrow and you get a good view.

Great pic . I love anything to do with the Cold War .looking very sinister up there . This obviously played a big part during the 50s and 60s . Looking forward to other pics .

Edited by robrado974

I have been fortunate to see it twice, earlier this year, unforgettable :)

CCGB-Fairford%20July%202015%20081_zpsqkgrbypl.jpg