Sign in to follow this  
aide

VDO Guage Power

Had some spare time at weekend so managed to fashion myself a 3 guage pod that sits in the center bin? Lighting for guages I'll take from the original radio supply.... but where do i get the power for the electric oil pressure guage?!

Cig lighter permanently live, blower switch is 20 amp :shock: cannot find switched live to radio.... do I have to wire back to ignition :?:

Any advice appreciated :)

Incidentally, have noticed most guage pods for centre pod i've seen only have two 52mm guages in - if anyone wants template to fit three then i'll measure etc.

The light in the glovebox has a 12v live, switched with the ignition. It's not too difficult to run cable across to the centre dials.

neil

94 Flash Red 16v

Or you've always got the black connector for the vag-com under the gear gator surround. Not sure about amapage etc.. tho.

HTH

randal

Or you've always got the black connector for the vag-com under the gear gator surround.l

Often looked at that - this is probably stupid question but what is it supposed to be for?

If no joy from vag-com thing will power from glovebox light cheers neil.

From what I've been told, the black connector is power. On certain models the vag-com diagnostics don't provide a lot of information, as the ECU only really controls idle speed and a few others etc... (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, I'm sure it isn't going to cause too much trouble if you splice a feed off the black connector for your gauges. :)

Behind the cassette storage there is also connector with switched 12v. :idea:

My VDO Gauges are connected there since i trade the cassette holder with the VDO Gauges from VR6. :mrgreen:

Hope is helps! :)