Jim

Will these injectors work on a normal VR6?

Hi folks..

I have some injectors away for refurbishment at the minute but struggling to get hold of the company to confirm they'll have them done in time for the day I've planned to fit them (Saturday 31st) - as a back up plan I'm accepting I may need to source another set of injectors and will just sell the other set as and when they're returned to me.

I can't face VW's price for new injectors, or even Euro Car Parts (£88 each!) but these look OK - just wondered, does anyone know if these are suitable for a regular VR6?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK2-MK3-G60-ABF-VR6-R32-Supercharged-Turbo-440cc-Green-Giant-Injector-/151617432537?hash=item234d1a6bd9:g:OewAAOSweW5VLz8w

Thanks.

May take a punt on them. I know they flow a lot higher than what I need for my car being basically standard, but I figure that's not a problem as they should still flow at the 'regular' rate too. Also found an injector refurb place that list refurbished VR injectors for £30/each so that's another option.

If you are just in need of a set to get it moving, I'm sure I've got a couple of spare sets which I could easily loan you until yours come back?

That's very kind and much appreciated! But I'm ideally just wanting to put in either a new or refurbished set to try and cure a slight misfire I have - so would really like to just fit once and forget rather than having to take it all apart again if I can avoid it. The car is fully assembled currently and has injectors in, but like I say, I think they're to blame for a persistent misfire I have so want them replaced.

Your engine will over fuel like mad using those. The lambda can't take THAT much extra fuelling out I'm afraid. They are utterly sh1t injectors anyway and always have been. They cause tuners like Stealth massive headaches when tuning them in turbo applications.

Aren't there any standard ones on ebay, or take easypop's offer?

Thanks Kev. I didn't realise that injectors pumped at a fixed rate? I assumed they could increase or decrease the amount of fuel required depending on what the ECU was telling them... guess they're not that smart :)

Will avoid them then!

That is indeed how it works Jim, but the ECU is calibrated to the size of the injectors. It's not intelligent enough to know you've swapped your 280cc ones for 440cc ones. So if it commands the injector to open for 30ms at idle, that's fine with the stock injector, but 30ms on-time for a 440 is loads of extra fuel, which the lambda has to then remove again, but it can only adjust by 15% max. The difference in flow between 280 & 440 is way more than 15%, even with a 3 bar FPR.

OK - that makes sense mate. Thanks for the explanation - I understand how some things work with the car, but there are obviously wide gaps in my knowledge in places :)