Rich the Chef

Hello. VR6 owner again,

Hi all, I've just bought myself a tidy little VR6 to add to my fleet of VAG cars. She's a dragon green manual with 93k and is totally standard. This is my 3rd Corrado. I've had an 1800 16v and a Lhd G60 as well as a long term loan of a 'sorted' VR6 a few years ago.

The plan is a few cosmetic bits and pieces. Wheels, coilovers and a good clean up.

Currently looking into useable budget coilovers. Any recommendations are welcome.

Hi,

I've been looking at the 'budget' options. Similar coilovers 15 years ago were £400plus and now are £160 a set. Some people get out off by the price being too low. I'm planning on only using her for road trips and that will be mainly for fun. So I've looked at Jom and Ap coils.

Today however I'm cleaning... A years worth of cobwebs. 😄

Cleaned the day lights out of her and still a long way to go. Have seen FK coils for £155. I had the blue version of FK on one of my Rallyes and couldn't fault them. Anyone use FK?

Well a lots happened to the old girl since October. Mainly new coil overs, mounts and calipers as well as an Mot. Wheels, spacers, uprated headlight loom too! Piper cross filter and some holes in the it box..

Cleaning the unloved finish to something to be proud of... Removing cobwebs and spider nests.. From all gaps and grille.

She's finally looking like a seriously nice corrado. Off tomorrow for camber alignment. The a bit of a razzle round. To see what is what.

Things to do.. Desensitise the Clifford!

Sort out radio harness..

More hoovering of interior.

Thanks Jim... Tried to post pics but not having much success...

If the file size is not too big (you may have to shrink it) when you reply to a thread their is an option to go advanced.... You can upload here and preview.

Thanks Jim... Tried to post pics but not having much success...

I will PM you my email address. Send them to me, and I'll get em uploaded for you.

Well today I had to remove my 15mm rear spacers... The car was experiencing wheel wobble and upon investigation, both centre hub collars had sheared off. They were safely located on the centre bore collar of the hub/disc with no play and the spigot rings on the wheels fit these too. The bolts were also torqued to 110nm

Yet they still fractured. I had to prize the broken 'rings' out of the spigot ring which are correct for the bore and wheel.

My wife is horrorfied and doesn't want me to use spacers again as I often have my 3yr old son in the car. I cannot say I blame her.

I've emailed the company about it as they said I was safe with 15mm ones, that on a 10mm they had had collars snap off! So I went and bought them.

I was also specific regarding my cars make and model etc,

Anyone think I'll see my money back or did I do something wrong???

I recently measured the boss on the rear disks at around 17mm from the hub face, if the centre bore of the spacer wasn't parallel there's a chance the spigot boss on the spacer would bind to the point where it may shear off whilst tightening the wheel bolts

Hi all, I've just bought myself a tidy little VR6 to add to my fleet of VAG cars. She's a dragon green manual with 93k and is totally standard. This is my 3rd Corrado. I've had an 1800 16v and a Lhd G60 as well as a long term loan of a 'sorted' VR6 a few years ago.

The plan is a few cosmetic bits and pieces. Wheels, coilovers and a good clean up.

Currently looking into useable budget coilovers. Any recommendations are welcome.

I miss my old VR6 that you borrowed for a bit.

Get yourself a build thread going in the relevant section!!