delfinis38

Vr oil filter cup "o" ring.

Just changed the oil in the vr this morning.. Always forget to order / replace the small "o" ring on the filter housing. The one on the aluminium centre screw. Must be about 10mm diameter. Not the big one on the bowl that you get with the filter.

They must be pence.. Anyway anyone got a part number or easy eBay source.

Ta....

That O ring is supplied with the new filter. It's on the stick end of the filter. You just remove it and plonk it on the drain plug.

That O ring is supplied with the new filter. It's on the stick end of the filter. You just remove it and plonk it on the drain plug.

Thanks Kevin... Bit puzzled about that.. Looking at my new vag filter and I can't see it.

Ah, maybe I'm thinking of the R32 filter. Haven't seen a 12V one in a long while!! I'm sure they were the same as the 12Vs, can't remember!

20168f.jpg

I've just checked my filter (bought from VAG a few weeks ago, still in box). It has the large oring but not a small one with it.

I've just checked my filter (bought from VAG a few weeks ago, still in box). It has the large oring but not a small one with it.

Same as mine... Anyway bought a pack of 10 now.

Thanks all.

Ah, maybe I'm thinking of the R32 filter. Haven't seen a 12V one in a long while!! I'm sure they were the same as the 12Vs, can't remember!

20168f.jpg

Yeah thats the new style, corrado is just the filter with a hole each end, no stick.

Ah OK, ignore me then. Having said that, 24V owners rarely use that O ring, they just leave it on there. Maybe a whole load of them could be collected up via the R32 forum and sent out to your 12V lot!

I've never replaced the small o-ring on the allen key drain plug on the filter housing in all the years of changing the oil.

I've never been able to undo said drain plug in 9yrs, i just have to undo the whole plastic housing and clean up the oil.

I've never replaced the small o-ring on the allen key drain plug on the filter housing in all the years of changing the oil.

Me neither, or the main either tbh. My oil changes were so frequent, the seals never had time to deteriorate!