robrado974

relay help needed with heated seat loom please .

Evening chaps .

Im looking on ebay at the heated seat loom . Item no 2212277635066. They no longer supply the relays for this . Does anyone know what type goes with this loom ?. Sorry im not an electrical sort of person, can i just buy them or do they have to be made ?.

Many thanks .

Rob

I'll see what i can find on mine. Got a photo of them somewhere. Am sure it would be quite simple to make a loom.

My interior is stripped out at the moment, easy enough to access for pictures etc. Do you want the part numbers?

My interior is stripped out at the moment, easy enough to access for pictures etc. Do you want the part numbers?

I'd be up for a part number... Their behind the rear passenger door card ?

I investigated a while back to no avail. Mine occasionally buzz.

Pretty sure they are a long time obsolete, and particularly difficult to get hold of. I remember speaking to VR6South about it, and I think he retrofitted headed seats to his car, and had quite a mission trying to get a set of relays on their own which he managed in the end from a scrap yard. That was quite a few years ago too I believe, when there was more likely to be a Corrado (or Passat he got them out of iirc) in a scrap yard.

Picture of my relays prior to removing from the singed donor car. You may be able to work out the part numbers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82607[/ATTACH]

I'd be up for a part number... Their behind the rear passenger door card ?

I investigated a while back to no avail. Mine occasionally buzz.

I too get the occasional buzz from the relay on my drivers side

typically it has been quiet all summer & now it is getting colder it has tripped both yesterday & today

I have previously tried swapping the drivers & passenger relay over (to see if one was faulty) but the issue persisted

I have also changed the switch in the dash to no avail

plus I have checked the wiring into the relay controller box is tight/secure - all ok

thus I am wondering if it actually is an intermittently faulty relay or if there is a break in the loom wiring feeding its supply

the latter I am doubtful of though as I would expect the relay to just not work if there was an issue with the power to it, rather than buzz as if it is flicking between on & off positions

however, due to the issue remaining irrespective of which relay it is using I am unsure it is a relay at fault

Picture of my relays prior to removing from the singed donor car. You may be able to work out the part numbers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82607[/ATTACH]

if I can read the part number correct 161 919 533

punching that number in german ebay brings a few second hand ones up .

That's what I thought, but didn't want to commit :)

I have an original loom if you need to buy the whole lot Rob?

First of all , thanks to everyone for the replies . Chris that would be great mate , how much for the loom and relays mate ? .

I wonder if the guy who runs http://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk can help

I recall seeing heated seat looms for golf's on there & having checked today the golf loom page states 'You will not need any additional relays for this item'

http://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk/golf/41-vw-golf-mk4-heated-seat-wiring-loomharness-plug-and-play.html?search_query=heated+seat&results=2&cate=

the home page also mentions multi packs for relays are available

im off to find his supplier thread on here & drop him a PM

EDIT: PM sent to james of rayne automotive

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

While on the subject of heated seats where can I fit the switch in a earlie dash? Or is there somewhere obvious I haven't looked?

While on the subject of heated seats where can I fit the switch in a earlie dash? Or is there somewhere obvious I haven't looked?

The controls switches on an early dash fit in the bottom blank under the abs light/heated rear/fog switches. When I fitted mine I had to remove the bottom blank that contained my alarm led and re-route this next to the headlight switch.

Can supply a photograph at lunch if you like.

First of all , thanks to everyone for the replies . Chris that would be great mate , how much for the loom and relays mate ? .

PM sent sir.

The controls switches on an early dash fit in the bottom blank under the abs light/heated rear/fog switches. When I fitted mine I had to remove the bottom blank that contained my alarm led and re-route this next to the headlight switch.

Can supply a photograph at lunch if you like.

That would be very much appreciated. Cheers. The interior is a late spec are the switches the same as earlie?

That would be very much appreciated. Cheers. The interior is a late spec are the switches the same as earlie?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82608[/ATTACH]

Don't think that looks the same as mine but could be wrong. It's tucked away in the garage at the moment so I haven't looked at it in a while. Cheers for taking the pic.