Storm Guy

Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

All of those discussions and i still feel like I'm at square one! I thought I would splurge and get the VDO, now it's a no go... Never been a great fan of JP Group. All the info is confusing as hell... 

2 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

Oh I see flow rate and pressure are related. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No, you need enough flow to meet the consumption of the engine factoring in any restriction - FPR controls the pressure and in this case is the restriction.

1 uk gallon is 4.5 litres

If at 120 mph (2 miles per minute) the car does 4.5 MPG (I’ve no idea what mpg a Corrado does at this speed, it’s just a convenient number for mental arithmetic) it will need a minimum supply of 2 litres per minute to prevent starvation, so the pump needs to overcome the 4 bar FPR the the ecu is calibrated for (excess returns to the tank) and still deliver over of 2 litres to satisfy the engines needs.

Just to update the thread. I bought a VDO and have the same cracking. Awaiting to send it back to autodoc. Could strip it but at £250 I'm not fancying that plus I doubt it is a new part, and likely to have sat around for ages. 

Cressa I think I will try the Lucas - do you have a the part no handy? The link in the thread has broken with age. 

20231010_140240.thumb.jpg.a85614bf7d706b70611438946d7ff0d0.jpg

That's really unfortunate! Those VDO are just no good anymore, they all cracked... Hopefully the return goes well and you find a replacement! 

Cheers ABV, I still haven't sent it back. May well just strip mine and take the pump from the new VDO unit unless I can find a better like for like replacement. I have until December to make the return with autodoc.