Cressa

Battery jacket for a bigger battery

FOUND ONE.

I'm looking to replace my battery with a Varta silver e38 74ah version. As it is slightly longer than my original one the battery jacket would not fit.

Does anyone know of a larger version with the flap on?

I appreciate people may not use the jacket at all but if possible I would like to.

Thanks for any help

Edited by Cressa
Found one

I've seen some Vauxhall covers on ebay with the same button down top cover that come in various sizes, seem to go for a lot considering most are pretty grubby looking though, perhaps because they seem to be over £70 new from Vauxhall.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra-G-mk4-mk5-BATTERY-BAG-COVER-CAR-DTI-CDTI-SPORTIVE-VAN-SXI-LS-VXR-/311503175901?hash=item48870940dd:g:R3IAAOxyRhBSzGR4

Edited by davidwort

Okay, so as stated I put a larger battery on my VR Corrado, because it fits in the space !!

Unfortunately that meant the tatty fabric battery cover which comes as standard no longer fits.

So I've always kept my eye out for this, done lots of searches, asked questions but to no avail.

Last week I saw a write up about a Skoda 72ah battery jacket so armed with the part number I went to TPS. Although they couldn't give me dimensions they brought out the battery it is for. I sadly took down all the measurements to check against mine.

Should fit. So I order the VW part and fitted it today.

Result, it fitted and I'm back to the OE look as it should be.

Genuine VW part no. 1K0-915-411-B

I hope that can help someone else too[ATTACH]84837[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84838[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84839[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Okay, so as stated I put a larger battery on my VR Corrado, because it fits in the space !!

Unfortunately that meant the tatty fabric battery cover which comes as standard no longer fits.

So I've always kept my eye out for this, done lots of searches, asked questions but to no avail.

Last week I saw a write up about a Skoda 72ah battery jacket so armed with the part number I went to TPS. Although they couldn't give me dimensions they brought out the battery it is for. I sadly took down all the measurements to check against mine.

Should fit. So I order the VW part and fitted it today.

Result, it fitted and I'm back to the OE look as it should be.

Genuine VW part no. 1K0-915-411-B

I hope that can help someone else too[ATTACH]84837[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84838[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84839[/ATTACH]

Looks very smart how much was it?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

About 22 pounds including vat. Bargain I think for a genuine new item as ebay have wanted that for 2nd hand ones

About 22 pounds including vat. Bargain I think for a genuine new item as ebay have wanted that for 2nd hand ones

Blooming bargain! Think I better one I've got a large battery myself should keep things looking tidy..

What's you battery dims... from memory mines 170 x 270 x 270 ish.

Thinks mines 270, 180 and around 200 tall so kinda similar?

That sounds right. I've wrote the internal dimensions of the jacket on some paper on the first picture

That sounds right. I've wrote the internal dimensions of the jacket on some paper on the first picture

Think I'll risk it for a biscuit😊

My battery was approximately

18cm wide

19cm high

28cm long

And the fit is great