jekel

VR6 Clutch Master Cylinder

Just replaced the clutch slave cylinder without any grief and thinking might as well renew the master too, and have it all new.

The likes of Europarts do decent Pagid ones but it clearly looks like the 4 cylinder ones too me, it would probably fit bar my VR6 and every other I've seen has the clip attachment at pedal, this has a closed hook/loop attachment.

I can find some decent quality ones on Ebay, LuK ETC. which look bang on, right attachment, no bleed nipple etc., listed for VR6 but when check the full listing catalogue as suggested, it's saying does not fit Corrado, and lists same loop attachment one, with bleed nipple for all Corrado's including the VR6.

Mines a 94 VR6?

I know the trouble you're having, i ended up getting my original refurbished by a company called past parts, still cost about £100 though.

I know the trouble you're having, i ended up getting my original refurbished by a company called past parts, still cost about £100 though.

Think I saw your post on that but really don't want to take off, send away, wait to come back etc.

The ones eurocarparts sell don't fit the 4 cylinder cars either !

I too had mine refurbished by pastparts !

There's gotta be a one or several out there that fit. There's Delphi one LM39100 that looks right to me. So long as it'll fit the mounting holes, the clip /attachment will fit pedal, and the push rod "throw" is ok, should be fine. If have to use bolts instead of it coming with studs etc. I'm not too fussed.

The old one is fine, no leaks or anything. It's more of a preventative thing, new clutch, new slave, seems shame not to renew final bit, so if got refurbished effectively throwing away a perfectly good spare.

Looked up pastparts just now. Ancient web site, but sounds like they can do good work.

Even when still available from VW the master cylinder was a hell of a lot more than a hundred quid, so if you can get a complete refurb (in stainless steel no less) for a ton that's pretty good.

Looked up pastparts just now. Ancient web site, but sounds like they can do good work.

Even when still available from VW the master cylinder was a hell of a lot more than a hundred quid, so if you can get a complete refurb (in stainless steel no less) for a ton that's pretty good.

They did my brake master cylinder (ABS) as well,

Got in touch with past parts said it would be £118 quid + VAT including postage so not bad. Only reason i want it doing as i have a spare one which i dont know any history about, so may get it sent off to them this weekend.

7 day turnaround too.

Got in touch with past parts said it would be £118 quid + VAT including postage so not bad. Only reason i want it doing as i have a spare one which i dont know any history about, so may get it sent off to them this weekend.

Funny, me too. My master cylinder gets a bit notchy in the hot of summer so it's probably worth me sending off the spare I have for a refurbish, then fit it later.

Perhaps it's a trait of Corrado owners that we all have a vast stockpile of spare parts..?

Im apparently a nutcase having sh!t loads of spares but all i say is im thinking ahead. Rather have the part with me then spend a week finding a part.

@ Jon_vr6, Post # 10 :

I'm apparently a nutcase...
all i say is I'm thinking ahead. Rather have the part with me then spend a week finding a part

== sound logic to Me, Jon... which makes experienced, 'non-nutcase' sense in the long run... I'm with your approach [and forward planning !!]

i fitted this one on my vr6, made by bosch and decent quality , I tapped out the bolting holes to except studs like the original , weather or not you can use nuts/bolts not sure , I also used the original straight inlet piece rather then having it at an angle,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Master-Cylinder-VW-CORRADO-53I-2-9-VR6-Coupe-190-BHP-Top-German-Quality-/400777974942?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5d503a949e:g:cFAAAOSwQItUIal3

So how can it be listed for the Corrado VR6 but you had to modify it..!? Presumably an early/late car difference?

So how can it be listed for the Corrado VR6 but you had to modify it..!? Presumably an early/late car difference?

i know what you mean, I dont think its a late/early difference, tbh i could of fitted it as it was out the box but the routing of the inlet flexy looks and also functions a lot better in the vertical position rather then p155ed at an angle, its just one of them parts i guess, but looking at what else is out there i would still buy this part again if i ever needed another...

i fitted this one on my vr6, made by bosch and decent quality , I tapped out the bolting holes to except studs like the original , weather or not you can use nuts/bolts not sure , I also used the original straight inlet piece rather then having it at an angle,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Master-Cylinder-VW-CORRADO-53I-2-9-VR6-Coupe-190-BHP-Top-German-Quality-/400777974942?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5d503a949e:g:cFAAAOSwQItUIal3

Is that one ecxactly as the picture when it arrived? Can see could easily make everything else fit ok, but what about the fit at pedal end, mines got the clip fit, not closed hook type?That looks same as the Europarts Pagid one, bout same price.