Roger Chatfield

Roof rack

From memory. Front door shut for the front bar.. And if you look on the rear window rubbers at the top is 2 arrows, where the rear bar attaches too...

Years ago I put a rover roofrack on my 16v to carry a surf board. I mounted them on the front door shuts... Bars where a bit close but it was only a short surf board.

I got a pair of those from Micks Garage. They seem spot on, they don't need the roof gutters, they just clamp around the front door frame and also above the rear windows, where the markings are.

Good fit, and very sturdy. Just have to be careful fitting them and removing them not to scratch the paint.

I would recommend.

I got a pair of those from Micks Garage. They seem spot on, they don't need the roof gutters, they just clamp around the front door frame and also above the rear windows, where the markings are.

Good fit, and very sturdy. Just have to be careful fitting them and removing them not to scratch the paint.

I would recommend.

Does it bend the rear window rubber out of shape ?

Only very slightly, the door seal on the fronts just closes over it, and the metal is maybe 1.5-2mm thick and only intrudes into the apature by 5mm or so, so just deforms the seal very slightly. The rear is the same, you get a thin piece of plastic like a credit card to slide in when you got, but honestly j have never used it. I have never had issues. No wind noise (except for the rack) and no leaks.

Just noticed karmannski has a roof rack for sale on the eBay section of here, if it's any help